76cs Shipping Update

As of today 3/31/04. GPS City has updated their 76CS page from expected ship date of Mar 31 to April 30. :lol:

I wish Garmin would focus as much on their Supply Chain as they have been on new products :lol:

Anyway, please keep everyone posted here as we hopefully get closer to the shipment of 76CS's

Also one other word of note, Garmin probably feels they did not sale enough of the 60 series GPS's yet and if they release the 76CS it will further hamper sales of the 60 series Garmins. I bet they sold in our eyes a bunch of the 60 series, but like all big companies they want more and more and more. "Rant mode off", Sorry.

Sh*t happens folks.

Supply Chain Management only really takes over during the end of the project. You can't just blame them just because they are one of the last groups to touch a product.

Bringing a new product to market on-time requires everything working smoothly (even stuff that is beyond their control). A simple piece of plastic inside the unit could be holding up the build, or any other item for that matter. It could be a quality issue, hardware/software bug. It's any number of things that could have gone wrong in the last 9 months or so.

A six to eight week delay for projects that takes 6-9 months to implement is not unusual. Garmin hardware is typically of very good quality.

I do feel for your pain however (I was hurting waiting for the 60CS to come out)....

Edited by xciton
April 4th is the day I've heard that my distributor is getting them in from Garmin. I had hoped to be able to start selling them today. :)

ZippySLC,

Any update.... 4/4/04 has come and gone....

Heck.... I'd just like to know if they've started to make them yet, if they're on a slow :) boat or dock somewhere, going through customs.... or ?:)

Edited by Us 5 Camp
April 4th is the day I've heard that my distributor is getting them in from Garmin. I had hoped to be able to start selling them today. :D

ZippySLC,

Any update.... 4/4/04 has come and gone....

Heck.... I'd just like to know if they've started to make them yet, if they're on a slow :D boat or dock somewhere, going through customs.... or ?:D

My distributor still doesn't have them in stock.

Having been a Garmin dealer, they are always late, my guess from past expreiances with Garmin would be at the earliest, September, Maybe late August.

This has been thier trend for years. When I would place an order at a show and the rep would say something like second quarter I would say you mean third quarter, then rep wpuld just smile. When it does ship, that is the day the next new garmin would appear on the web site.

I noticed GPS city as of this morning now lists the BOTH the 76C and 76CS as having a expected delivery date of Apr 30. Up until now they listed the 76CS as Apr 30 and the 76C as "Currently out of Stock". If I had to guess based on the 60C and 60CS history this change probably means the 76C will show up in early May and the 76CS probably in June. Looks like we'll be waiting a while longer.

:lol:

i keep hearing the problem with the 76c series as well as steady supplies of the 60's is related to an availability issue wrto the colour screens. not only are the 60's selling faster than they can supply but the screen is apparently being used in one or more cell phones which is causing additional issues with screen availability. :lol:

I still say August maybe sept. Of course I just speak from experiancein dealing with garmin in the past. Whem you see the next new one on the Garmin Web site is when the new 76s will ship

Johnny Vegas I Hope you're all wet :)

However, today is the last day in April and I don't see an shipping notice in my inbox yet :D

I still say August maybe sept. Of course I just speak from experiancein dealing with garmin in the past.  Whem you see the next new one on the Garmin Web site is when the new 76s will ship

JohnnyVegas, you may indeed by right about one thing...

Today, two interesting things happened:

1) Garmin posted the new CF Que on their website.

-

2) Garmin Sales Support responded to my inquiry and indicated they have started shipping the 76CS to their dealers.

I forwarded that note to TVNav....we'll see what the dealers begin to say? Hopefullly 'Brown' will be dropping by my place soon with a package!

Edited by Us 5 Camp
Has anyone heard of when they will release the 76C.  I am not interested in the CS model.  I appreciate any news.

Capt. Steve

Based upon Garmin's response to me and my dealer on the 76CS, I would "assume" the 76C is on the same schedule??? Otherwise, the 'c' versions have always shipped B4 the 'cs' versions.

Garmin is real technical and precise with their ship dates...."any day now..." <_<

Edited by Us 5 Camp

When is gpscity.com going to change the Garmin GPSMAP 76CS "STOCK STATUS" to "We really have no idea!"

gpscity.com is killing ME!!!!! March 31st, Apr 30th, May 5th, Math 12th, ... Build me up and knock me down. Again and again and again ... .

Personally, I think gpscity.com should have gone with the Ides of March. <_<

Because "We have no idea" won't get people ordering. Any date is better than no date in the mindless mind of the consumer. Don't worry about it, once it does ship we'll be busy with firmware updates while we debug the product for Garmin. That'll take your mind off how long it took to get it. If you want to experience real delays in a product - try ordering a Valtro 1911 handgun.

Oh what a twisted web we weave..... received the following from Garmin today:

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

I apologize for giving you incorrect data in my previous e-mail, we have NOT

started shipping these units yet to ANY of our dealers. I misinterpreted

what the computer said and currently they are still scheduled to ship

sometime in the 2nd Quarter but I do not have a firm date to tell you.

Again, I apologize for the incorrect information."

.... "sometime in the 2nd Quarter" considering we are in the 2nd Quarter and have two months yet to go, this really narrows it down now doesn't it? :mad:

I think i'll have to forget I ever ordered this and IF Brown comes a knocking one day in the future, I'll be pleasantly surprised. :mad:

Think this has any direct relationship to Garmin stock hittiing a 52wk low recently? :(

Edited by Us 5 Camp

GPS city has now updated the 76C status to "In Stock" as of today and left the 76CS in stock date of May 20th. GPS Now is also saying the 76C is in stock. Based on prev observations about the 60C/60CS we shouldn't have too mech longer to wait for the 76CS ! B)

GPS city has now updated the 76C status to "In Stock" as of today and left the 76CS in stock date of May 20th. GPS Now is also saying the 76C is in stock. Based on prev observations about the 60C/60CS we shouldn't have too mech longer to wait for the 76CS ! B)

I wonder if Garmin knows yet that the 76C' has shipped? B)

Let's hope the 76cs is only a few days way! :D

On a more serious note, Garmin is really missing an opportunity by releasing the 76C before the 76CS. I think it is safe to say there is more profit in the 76CS for Garmin, otherwise they would not manufacture it. If they released the 76CS first, not only would they be able to sell the unit to those who wanted it, they might have sold some of the units to those who were only going to by a 76C, especially if there was a period of time between the two product releases.

Obviously the same applies to the 60C & 60CS.

On a more serious note, Garmin is really missing an opportunity by releasing the 76C before the 76CS. I think it is safe to say there is more profit in the 76CS for Garmin, otherwise they would not manufacture it. If they released the 76CS first, not only would they be able to sell the unit to those who wanted it, they might have sold some of the units to those who were only going to by a 76C, especially if there was a period of time between the two product releases.

Obviously the same applies to the 60C & 60CS.

Interesting that GPS's with sensors get delayed, I remember when the Meridians came out and there was a delay with the Meridian Platinum also