Geocaching Dreams

Staos

Since I've recently been denied my God given right to cache by car trouble, I find that I do dream about caching. I've always had very vivid dreams that I usual remember upon waking. Now that I have a new veh Im curious to see if the dream trend will continue. Oh and I plan a cach-a-thon for this weekend lol

I have this recurring dream that I am caching. But every time I look in the wrong place a piece of clothing disappears from my body and is relocated somewhere in the park. So instead of looking for the cache I start searching for my clothes. But again, if I look in the wrong place I lose another article of clothing. I suspect the Geocaching God is playing strip poker with me, and winning.

Last night the dream was particularly scary, I had a Magellan. There was a guy in the park who followed me around laughing at me each time I lost a garment. Mister snooty pants with his "Wuhohohoho, you lost another, no?"

Stupid REM. :lol:

From the Dream Moods website:

Search

To dream that you are searching for something, signifies the need to find something that is missing or needed in your life. You may be searching for a solution to a problem.

Treasure Chest

To see a treasure chest in your dream, represents your hidden talents. It also represents a sense of security and belonging. You are content with where you are in a situation or relationship.

To dream that you are looking though the treasure chest, suggests that you are trying to recapture something valuable from your past.

Hmmmm....sometimes a cache is just a cache...... :lol:

Bret

Edited by CYBret
...the need to find something that is missing or needed in your life.

Yea, like my clothes.

You may be searching for a solution to a problem.

Nudity.

To see a treasure chest in your dream, represents your hidden talents.

In my dream my talents aren't hidden at all. Thats the problem! :lol:

Does that dream interp site not have the garment-Garmen connection? Too obvious I guess..... Oh well, back to sleep for me.....

:lol::lol::lol::):D

I dreamt that my GPSr had a screen that indicated that there were other cachers in the area.

Does it indicate that the cacher is Nudecacher?

Some cachers would like the warning, but I haven't met other cachers yet who weren't caching with me when I was nudecaching. I don't seem to dream about wardrobe issues.

This has happened to me before. :(

Had this one too.

I had just gotten pickpocketed in a local mall pet store. Luckily, there was an officer nearby and I was able to hold the bad guy down until he got cuffed. On my way to the mall security office, I had to cut through a field of a large farm in the Tennessee valley. There, I saw this big wood siding home. Rectanglular. Three stories tall. Windows in front. Kind of like you would see at around Civil War times.

I stop in the house for some reason and it turns out that this is the Lacy family home. All the Lacys live here. (but no one was home at the time) There is a 12 or 15 seat wooden dining room table with lots of chairs around and only one head seat. That one belongs to Allen. I saw Robert's seat and also Johnnie's. There were enough rooms in the house for every one of the Lacys. Most of which I had never heard of. I then left the house to find mall security and then the dream got weird.

(the Lacy's are a family of prominent cachers here in GA)

-Sushi of the fisherKings

Edited by fisherKings

Here's an odd one I had last night:I log into the forums, and GC has decided to do away with the whole Signal the Frog thing and go for a cat theme. All Signal graphics are replaced by... Signal the Cat! Complete with green fur and the knobby antena. Even stranger, everybody had changed their avatar to Sparky's.

Maybe I need to spend more time working and less time on the internet. B) Or maybe it means I need to get out and actually find a few caches...

I had the wierdest dream the other night . . . I'll break it down to the bare essentials . . .

My boss got fired for doing something he didn't do and took the blame for it, then his wife died from cancer. I couldn't find a place to hid my cache and then they built an office on the spot where I was going to place it . . . and the piece de resistance . . . Mopar tried to sell my socks.

Hehe! Whatever!

Happy caching and stuff!

I have only had one caching dream:

My hubby bought me this weird GPS for my birthday. I didn't want to use it but he insisted and said it was a top of the line, cutting edge technology GPS.

I go to a park alone with the new GPS and I am hunting a multi. The GPS leads me to the first waypoint and I find my next set of coordinates. No problems there!

I punch in the next set of coordinates and head down the trail. There are people everywhere on this trail (thousands of people) and I am trying to avoid them and look like I belong there. I try to hide the fact that I am caching.

I start heading in the wrong direction and then the GPS starts flashing bright red and making a WOOP WOOP WOOP sound. I frantically look at the screen and it is flashing the word, "WRONG" over and over. The sound is so deafening that everyone on the trail starts chasing me, trying to grab my GPS. I start running down the trail and then, when I start heading in the right direction, the GPS stops freaking out and turns blue. The screen says, "RIGHT". Everyone stops chasing me and I keep hunting.

As I hunt for this multi, the GPS will start freaking out every time I turn the wrong way and all these people will chase me again.

After one day I find the final coordinates. I look and look but there is no cache. Then all the trail people start yelling at me, "SHE TOOK THE PRIZE! GET HER!" and my GPS starts making the WOOP WOOP sound again so it is easy for the trail people to track me down. I run and run and run and I end up at work.

My hubby calls me at work and he is mad that I lost the GPS. I told him I didn't want it and I liked my Legend. I tell my coworkers what happened and they all pull out their new GPS's...the same one my hubby had bought me. They tell me I am a horrible person for throwing away a $5000 gift.

Then I woke up. I had this dream a few weeks ago and it really freaked me out that I dreamed about caching. But then again, I also play EQOA and I have had dreams about that too. I assume all people dream about their hobbies. At least I hope they do, if no one else has dreams like this, I'm in serious trouble and need therapy! B)

My mother lives about 2000 miles away, still in the house where I grew up. There are two very nice parks near her house, one at the end of the street, and one about two blocks away. I recently discovered that there's a cache in the park at the end of her street, and I sent a travelbug that direction. I can tell from the description exactly where the cache is, and when it gets there I'll tell her how to fetch it.

A few days ago I woke up dreaming that I was trying to hide a micro in the other park, but I couldn't quite wedge it under the plaque where I thought it belonged. I was in a huge hurry, too, because I was about to miss my flight, but there was no way I was leaving before I got that cache planted.

Last night I dreamed I was in a cooking gadget store, and I found two travel bugs on display tables among the whisks, spatulas and pans.

One TB was a keychain with mini versions of various cooking gadgets hanging from it (appropriate to the store I was in). I was pacing around the store debating which TB to pick up, and wondering what their individual goals were so that I'd have a chance to help them along.

Yesterday - while I was awake - I was looking at some of the travel bugs on GC.com. I wonder if I made this cooking gadget one up, or if I saw it for real??

:o

Nancy

I had the most disturbing caching dream the other night.

I dreamt that Briansnat was trying to kill me. He wanted something I found in a cache . . . a travel bug or something . . .

He chased me through the woods and stalked me through a crowded terminal trying to murder me to get this thing.

:rolleyes:

Talk about C-R-E-E-P-Y!

:o

I never realized the Briansnat was such an aggressive cacher. I am steering clear of him from here on out!

I had a dream where GeoHo took my Hippie, Hippie,Shakes travel bug and refused to release it. I sent e-mail after e-mail and she never responded. Then I was at an event cache and was showing Mopar my new pocket knife. I looked over and noticed that GeoHo had a tick on her shirt, so I walked towards her so I could flick it off and she started screaming and running away from me. Weird!

Edited by briansnat

I dreamt my father gave me a clunky old GPsr from the telephone company he worked at. Although it was old it, had a giant display with advanced features. I looked ot the display and was surprised to see all the coordinates for a multi-cache listed in order. The really neat feature is that the unit automatically displayed the cache I was closest to.

I had a geocaching dream last night actually...

Real life - I just bought a new pack and gathered all of my geocaching stuff and put them all together so I could just grab and go.

Dream - I dreamt that I was out geocaching, and I forgot *all* of my stuff, GPS and all! I was very mad and stuck in the woods.

I guess this is along the lines of the "you missed Halloween" dreams that I have quite frequently (I'm also a Halloween nut).

I had a dream this morning about being lost because the batteries went dead in my GPSr, couldn't find the way back to the van and it had medicine in it that I was supposed to deliver somewhere. I was really panicked more about the medicine than being lost. Can't understand that part of the dream but anyway....I woke up in a cold sweat. Went to the bathroom. Came back and my daughter had crawled into bed and was telling me she had a bad dream. I asked her what about and she said we were out geocaching and a snake was chasing us and we got lost. How weird! We both had dreams of something to do with geocaching!

I had the most disturbing caching dream the other night. 

I dreamt that Briansnat was trying to kill me.  He wanted something I found in a cache . . . a travel bug or something . . .

He chased me through the woods and stalked me through a crowded terminal trying to murder me to get this thing. 

:tongue:

Talk about C-R-E-E-P-Y!

:unsure:

I never realized the Briansnat was such an aggressive cacher.  I am steering clear of him from here on out!

I had a dream where GeoHo took my Hippie, Hippie,Shakes travel bug and refused to release it. I sent e-mail after e-mail and she never responded. Then I was at an event cache and was showing Mopar my new pocket knife. I looked over and noticed that GeoHo had a tick on her shirt, so I walked towards her so I could flick it off and she started screaming and running away from me. Weird!

LOL !!! now that is funny. Thanks for the laugh.

How's this for having Geocaching on the brain?

Last night I dreamt that I was caching. In my dream, I found the cache. Then, in my sleep, I was debating whether or not I should log it as find because I didn't really find it, I only dreamt that I found it.

:unsure: Sheesh! :unsure:

I wish I knew what cache it was so I could log it. I could log it as a virtual find! hehe! :huh:

Anyhoo . . .

Happy caching and stuff! :tongue:

This is a family friendly forum, so I won't share some of the best geocaching dreams that I have been having. I'll keep that a Mystery for now..... :lol:

There's this other recurring geocaching dream I've been having:

I have a cache page that says "Snoogans ONLY Micro" in my hand as I'm driving and I've gotten a special communication from gc.com (over my car radio???) that this particular cache is good for an unlimited number of finds. The description says that it's a 1.5/1 for me, but a 5/5 for anyone else. Anyhoo, when I get out of my car at the trailhead and my GPSr gets a lock, the cache is almost a 2,000 mile hike away! I wake up screaming, "GEOGRAPHY, WHY DO YOU MOCK ME SO!!!"

I have this dream quite often. What do you think this means???

Sn :lol:<_< gans

Edited by Snoogans

I had a rather detailed dream about caching last night and was wondering if that was weird...but after doing a thread search I see I'm in good company!

In my dream I was with a large group of cachers broken down into two man teams doing a multi. My team was crawling in a cave with helmets and headlamps ahead of another group. The cave exited into a motel room. This made sense in the dream somehow. (Must have been a Vader cache and he wanted everyone to have a convenient place to clean up! :laughing: )

Anyhoo my team was doing a bearing & distance to find the next container and we were having a problem. In frustration my team tried a back azimuth which led us to a bush where we found a green cardboard box with the next clue. (must not rain here) We quickly put it back because we could hear the team behind us getting closer. .. Then we realized neither one of us wrote down the info so we had to retrieve the little cardboard box again. (In a panic now! :laughing: )

Then the dream switched to a train switch yard with lots of trains and workers. I had a clipboard and was making a chart of the rail switch indicators. In the dream the colored indicators were very tall and they could be seen above the power lines.

I charted 3 of the four banks of indicators but it was getting too dark to see. I then approached a train yard worker and asked for his help. He was enthusiastic and was even double checking my work so far. Then I woke up. :laughing:

Wow! Have I been caching to much lately or was it my nightly nightcap of wine? :mad:

I've only been doing this for just a bit more than a month and I've been dreaming about caching almost every night. I can't remember the details of the dreams, but this activity certainly has gotten into my brain. :laughing:

Now if it will just stop raining so I can get out and do the real thing again.

I had a dream about geocaching before I knew what it was. :laughing:

I was driving in my car, for some reason, out in the woods, and drove in to this campground area, I think there was a summer camp in the area or something. I got out of my car and walked, and dug around in the leaves, finding a plastic tupperware container filled with little nick-nacks and stuff.

Weird, huh? :laughing: Not a joke, either!

I had a dream about geocaching before I knew what it was. :laughing:

I was driving in my car, for some reason, out in the woods, and drove in to this campground area, I think there was a summer camp in the area or something. I got out of my car and walked, and dug around in the leaves, finding a plastic tupperware container filled with little nick-nacks and stuff.

Weird, huh? :laughing: Not a joke, either!

Naaaahhh...I don't believe it. :laughing:

I had a dream about geocaching before I knew what it was.  :laughing:

Weird, huh?  :laughing:  Not a joke, either!

No, not weird, prophetic yes. Now, if you were digging for tupperware in the nude, yes that would be weird.