Coming To Seattle In April

sept1c_tank

Hmmm... I'm possibly up for a cache-a-thon. The 13th is usually my lucky day, too! :lol:

I've got to break this unlucky streak. I couldn't find a super-sized ammo box sitting on a pedestal in the middle of a parking lot if I searched for an hour! I think DrinkSmith used the force on me. :lol:

Well it sounds like we need to set up a cache-a-thon on the 13th. I'm free. Who else is available?

WL?

DS?

TL?

Pepper?

CacheInCin?

TIAG?

Did I leave anyone out?

13th might work for me. I'm on call with my sideline so can't guarantee my presence but IF I'm not called in, I'll be there.

I'll be in Seattle from April 9-16 with no adgenda other than to meet cachers and go caching.

Well, hell, Tank... I was going to come swing through and pick you up on the 11th for a fun day of caching and just realized it was Easter.

Howabout the 10th?

I actually have something resembling a life during the week so that's out for me.

-=-

michelle

If we do set up a cache-a-thon on Tuesday, let us go for quality rather than quantity.

Any suggestions?

From ones I have done, I would suggest

Sandstone Falls

Coal Seam

Rock Creek and Landsburg Park (Road Apples would be a nice addition to these two)

I have not done Cedar River Picnic in the area of Rock Creek and Road Apples, but it is on my short list.

Obviously the Maple Valley ones and the Cougar Mtn ones would not all be on the final list.

Wow! Sounds like a party. :lol:

As I mentioned, I have no adgenda (actually I have no plans of any kind; I'm open to suggestions on cheap lodging or camping, too) and I would like to meet you all. I don't know the area, so I really have no preferences as to which caches are cool. I do feel comfortable in urban or "wilderness" enviornments.

Let's just say, y'all (I'm not really from the south) work out the details and I'll be happy doing what ever you north westerners would like to do.

I'll be arriving on Alaskan Airlines 337 (from Oakland) @ 1:54 PM on Friday, April 9th and departing for Vancouver and the BC experience on Friday, April 16th in the late afternoon.

Standing by for details (anticipating an excellent adventure). :lol::lol:

Hello from across the pond in Bremerton. Looks like the Eastside cachers are going to take good care of you. My son from Alaska will be here at that time so I won't have the pleasure of meeting a Hoosier. My home town is Louisville, Illinois just south of Effingham. During WWII I went to Navy Flight Prep at Depauw U. in Greencastle, just to the SW of you. Hope we have some good wx for your visit. Dick, W7WT

If we do set up a cache-a-thon on Tuesday, let us go for quality rather than quantity.

Sounds like my kind of event. Some one who knows those caches could actually *make* it an event...

I'll keep monitoring the thread, and might well cross the sound for it.

Sounds like my kind of event. Some one who knows those caches could actually *make* it an event...

I'll keep monitoring the thread, and might well cross the sound for it.

We all hope to see you over here. We are still waiting for some suggestions other than the ones i threw in and the one from TL.

OK...I'm getting on the plane (for Napa) in about 12 hours. Still plenty of time for decisions, but I'm trying (some would say very trying) to figure out how to meet as many people as possible in my short stay in Seattle.

Do we want to do a Tuesday thing? (Yes?) As I said, I'm up for anything.

And I still have no plans for lodging; if anyone can suggest something inexpensive, I would be grateful.

I will be traveling between now and then, but I will be checking mail and the forums regularly. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Richard. B)B)

I am tied up with other things through the weekend. Others might be available at least part of that time. I have been busily clearing out Maple Valley of unfound caches and will be off tomorow in search of #200. After that I might have some time to help put together a caching party on Tuesday. Anyone else free that day? Let us show Kealia and Sept1c Tank some NW hospitality.

I am tied up with other things through the weekend. Others might be available at least part of that time. I have been busily clearing out Maple Valley of unfound caches and will be off tomorow in search of #200. After that I might have some time to help put together a caching party on Tuesday. Anyone else free that day? Let us show Kealia and Sept1c Tank some NW hospitality.

I'm actually supposed to work that day, but I'll make myself free for a quality-over-quantity event. I'm afraid I can't help much with the organization - I don't know Maple Valley, and I'm way out on the Olympic Peninsula.

If Kealia and Sept1c Tank will still be here on the 18th, they may want to attend 4chin seeker's Jetty Island event as well.

I've got a schedule change. I'm going to be helping out at Lost Ones school on Tuesday mornings. I could meet up for a lunch time thing or do an afternoon cache but not a whole day on Tuesday.

I do have the rest of the week free if you want a tour of the Federal Way area. I'd just have the 2 year old tagging along for fun.

I've got a schedule change. I'm going to be helping out at Lost Ones school on Tuesday mornings. I could meet up for a lunch time thing or do an afternoon cache but not a whole day on Tuesday.

I do have the rest of the week free if you want a tour of the Federal Way area. I'd just have the 2 year old tagging along for fun.

OK then. Let us do this a different way. Who is available that Tuesday?

I will start it off. I am.

Anyone else? We can plan on a lunch in the basic Federal Way area so that WL can join us and then move on to caches in that area. There must be a Red Robin there someplace.

OK, let us start with this and go from there.

Rock Creek

Road Apples

Cedar River Picnic

Landsburg (only because it is close to the parking for the last two)

Lunch someplace close to Four Corners

We could possibly add Crater Peak and Loopy Ridge

Finish up with a night cache (Jester's new one in Renton)

Are there some others in the area we could try for?

My only problem with this is that I have done all of these in the last few weeks, but I always up for a nice walk in the woods.

I'm free most of Tuesday. I'll have to dash off about 4:30 to pick up my daughter from school, and again at 6:00 to head to Girl Scouts, but I'll show up for the rest of the day for sure. Sounds like fun!

There's a Red Robin on 320th and 23rd in Federal Way, just off I-5, if that sounds like a convenient location for everybody.

OK, let us start with this and go from there.

Rock Creek

Road Apples

Cedar River Picnic

Landsburg (only because it is close to the parking for the last two)

Lunch someplace close to Four Corners

We could possibly add Crater Peak and Loopy Ridge

Finish up with a night cache (Jester's new one in Renton)

Are there some others in the area we could try for?

My only problem with this is that I have done all of these in the last few weeks, but I always up for a nice walk in the woods.

I beleive there are a couple in Ravensdale. I know I did one of them and was chased away from the other by a drenching rain sometime this winter.

BTW: I seem to feel a really bad cold coming on. I bet by Tuesday, I'm just might be to sick to make it in to work.

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
There's Ravensdale Park. I think that's the only one in Ravensdale. It's in a small park.

And it is basically a park and grab. I just did that one Sunday.

I could add Amazing Arboretum and Drive By Cache.

I will set up an event cache tonight or tomorrow. I would suggest meeting in Renton at a Park and Ride and car pool from there.

By the way, most of the caches I mentioned are very dog friendly so Snickers is welcome.

I have just completed a first draft of a route.

I have started off with Jester's Drive-by Caching (GCC48F). Since I have not done this one, I have no idea of the time involved so I allowed 30 minutes.

Next up is Amazing Arboretum (GC3E6B). Total walking one to two miles and I allowed an hour.

The next stop would be Rock Creek (GCCACG). This is about a half mile with a possible extension. I allowed 45 minutes. This one will involve quite a bit of of over and under downed trees so I allowed extra time. Some may want to go cross country to Danville Trails (GCE538). Drivers will meet the cross country trekkers at the parking listed for Danville Trails.

Since this will take us to about lunch time, I have allowed some time for that at Landsburg Park. During lunch we can locate the cache in the park (GCGB9X).

Following lunch we can start on Road Apples (GCCA5D) and Cedar River Picnic (GC3508). These will involve roughly five miles and I allowed three hours for the three caches and lunch.

After that stop with three caches we will move back to the Danville Trails parking area to take on Crater Peak (GCE544) and Loopy Ridge (GCH8R4). The distance could be as short as a mile, but will probably be more like two miles. I allowed 90 minutes.

I felt a need to include a Red Robin for dinner just to keep with the tradition. There is one at Southcenter. After dinner we can go do Nighttime Isn't Just For Sleeping (GCHKBB), which is Jester's new night cache. The 4 of 5 Troll Cache (GC8A96) is near the start of the last cache.

With a start time of 8:30 I show this finishing too early for a night cache so I can either add some caches to the list or adjust the start time.

Any thoughts?

I will submit an event cache later this afternoon. It will start with few details, but those will be added as soon as I can. I do have a cache to try this afternoon so don't expect miracles.

That looks like a great list, WM. I've done them all except fot the two Jester Multi's.

I wanted to let everyone know these are easy hikes. There are no steep bun-killers on this list. The hardest one is probably Rock Creek because of the downed trees.

I'm pretty sure I'll be there, but you never know. :lol:

Og

The event cache has been approved and is available here.

The starting time is still negotiable. I had it set at 8:30, but we finish too early. I can either add another cache in the area or we can start later. I'm looking for some guidance here.

As was mentioned none of these are tough hikes. Crater Peak is probably the worst due to the elevation gain, but that is not that bad. Most of the hiking is on level ground and all trails are dog friendly. Not only that in most cases there is no scoop required. Most of these trails are in heavy use by horses and so a sharp lookout is required if you want to keep your boots clean.

I have recently done all of these except the two Jester multis. The only park and grabs are the one at Landsburg Park and the 4-oh-5 Troll and both of those are thrown in because they are near the parking for other caches.