Mapsend Directroute

Warbones

I have a few questions on what to expect from this software(detail level) For example on my gps(meridian color) I don't see the Cow skin creek which I thought would be on here. The augusta lake is not showing as well. Which is a decent sized lake. Not sure why and just needed some advice.

I live in Wichita and the Arkansas river does not show up with directroute... You can tell where it runs through because of the gaps in the streets, but you have to remember that Directroute IS for street navigation :D ... Mapsend Topo on the other hand does show the small creeks and rivers in our area. I have both to compare and sometimes switch maps (I love the 256mb mem card I got with my Merigold!!!). I have found that the street detail is real accurate in our area with DR. If you have any specific questions pm me.

edit: spelling and content

Edited by emtgreg

What I did is I put Multiple DR maps on my card, that I can switch between using the card utilites menu, just be sure and edit the maps to another name. My Topo map I just load the particular area onto the card depending where I am going. There are many references and how to's on how to get multiple maps onto an SD card. Remember the basemap that came loaded will always be there... I hope I anwsered any questions you had...If not I'll try harder next time!! :lol: Also you might keep in mind the map sizes are almost twice as big with directroute so card size is sometimes an issue. Do a search on the directroute topic and it should bring up some helpful info.

edit:content

Edited by emtgreg

Does Directroute locate street addresses? I bought MapSend Streets & Destinations thinking I could look up street addresses. Unfortunately, all it will do is highlight the whole street. I do love MapSend Topo for caching, but it would be nice if it would give town names on the GPS screen. Thanks, Ed.

Does Directroute locate street addresses?  I bought MapSend Streets & Destinations thinking I could look up street addresses.  Unfortunately, all it will do is highlight the whole street.  I do love MapSend Topo for caching, but it would be nice if it would give town names on the GPS screen.  Thanks, Ed.

Yes it does.

Edited by hawkfan