Are There Any Kids Here

Just to let everyone know. My son posted this thread last night with my permission. He is 12 and was just wondering if there was anyone else his age that enjoys geocaching.

That's fine. I think some folks just are too frightened of real life and over-react to such things. I know it happens, but it doesn't worry me when I see a post like that....quite the contrary, I appreciate them, so that I know what others are thinking, and that younger people are gaining an interest in caching. :D

Actually she is normally pretty good about going to bed, now that she is older. We let her help carry the geobag and stuff. It helps make her feel part of it and we let her pick one thing from the cache that's just for her. She has taken her dolly with her, but we don't let her take it out of the car so that it doesn't get lost. Not that she is in to the dolls much, she is very much turning into a tom girl as is her little sister.

Hi

I hate to be a "poop-head"  but when I see a thread titled..."Are There Any Kids Here"... all kinds of red flags go up!!!... I know that it more then likely is just a Youngster wanting to meet other Junior-Geo's but in this day and age you never know... So if you are a young person and you reply to this, remember to be carefull...

Unfortunately that is always an issue. I would like to see a separate kid's forum that was carefully moderated, but that would take a lot of work and would have to be carefully set up, so it isn't likely to happen.

Anyway, there are a number of kids that post here fairly regularaly.

Edited by carleenp

Being a teacher, its good to see the kids out and about and here on the forums.

Glad to see them representing themselves.

I know several kids in my area that are cachers with their parents. I haven't seen any of them in the forums though. Its pretty funny when they find out that a teacher of theirs has the same hobby they do :D

Actually she is normally pretty good about going to bed, now that she is older. We let her help carry the geobag and stuff. It helps make her feel part of it and we let her pick one thing from the cache that's just for her. She has taken her dolly with her, but we don't let her take it out of the car so that it doesn't get lost. Not that she is in to the dolls much, she is very much turning into a tom girl as is her little sister.

Enjoy it while you can! :D

I wish I could take my daughter with me....

but

She is almost 34, and I think the Army would have alot to say to me for dragging her offpost....LOL B):DB)

I'm a big kid B) (actually I'm 23 but I'll never stop being a kid!)

I have a step-brother that is 9 and a step-sister that is 11, anyone here that age? Or parents of kids that age? What do you think about them joining me to find a few?

CUJO!!!???

After thinking about the Pinto scene in the movie, I don't know if I would trust my kids with "Cujo." :D(At least not without a steel muzzle and heavy chain for a leash.) :D

Edited by RandMan

I'm a kid.

Yeah.

You'll find that the "Abject Silliness" thread is a great place where you can post pretty much all you want about just about anything at all; sometimes even geocaching.

44 finds since 1-31 is a fairly rapid pace. I've found about 140, but that's over about 20 months. Keep up the great finding!

I'm 14. My biggest issue with that is that I can't drive, and that means that I must rely on parents to transport me to caches. Although my mother likes caching to some extent, she has other things to do than drive me around. I have found 54 caches, but I have been caching since October. I guess it helps having a parent who initiates the geocaching. In my grade at school a lot of us geocache, so I can speak for 4 or 5 other kids about my age too. Good luck with your caching!