Any Interest In A High Desert Geo-event?

GeoGunslinger

Greetings all!

A friend and I have been kicking around an idea for a Geo-event in our Fair city and I thought I'd see what kind of interest I could generate for it in the forums here. If enough people were interested, We'd consider hosting the event. I've been thinking about a poker-run / Ralley type of event. Here's my ideas:

1. We could possibly hold it at a local resturaunt. (we have two fine Mexican ones here in town or we could go for a fast food establishement of which we have 2 of as well)

2. A Poker-run, There are many caches around town that we could set a time limit on and see who can hit the most in a specified period of time. The most caches hit would win a small prize.

3. A Trash-out rally where the most trash brought in (by weight or by item say the most glass, paper or aluminum would win a small prize)

4. A furthest traveled prize for the Geo-cacher who travels the greatest distance to attend.

5. I think I could generate some interest in the local newspaper to cover the event, and maybe even get the local Chamber of commerce to subsidize. (maybe)

I know there are a lot of folks who come here on the weekends to off-road and such and many geocache too. We are cosidering Memorial day weekend as a potential event date because it is usually a very good travel weekend for a lot of cachers. Let me know what you think! We're game to help set it up. We are open for other suggestions and ideas too. Lastly, We are in no way interested in profiting from this at all, just a way to meet some fellow geocachers and have some fun. If interested reply here or contact Desert Big foot directly via E-mail: res1gdea@verizon.net and if there appears to be enough interest. I'll post an event on the geocache website.

Regards,

Desert Big Foot & Friends ;)