Im 13...Whats the youngest geocacher you have seen.

lilgeogirl

Everyone is always on my case and others that this is a family oriented Spobby (Don't majicman...just don't)

This kid came in here to intruduce herself and was given a cold shoulder.

So she doesn't know her way around the tools of this forum... big stinking hairy deal.

Give her time to try out her wings and knock off with the negativity. I've got a rabid hamster that's just itching to stretch his legs over this. icon_biggrin.gif

Everyone is always on my case and others that this is a family oriented Spobby (Don't majicman...just don't)

This kid came in here to intruduce herself and was given a cold shoulder.

So she doesn't know her way around the tools of this forum... big stinking hairy deal.

Give her time to try out her wings and knock off with the negativity. I've got a rabid hamster that's just itching to stretch his legs over this. icon_biggrin.gif

My bad, Hi lilgeogirl welcome to the sport. Your a young one and some times we old folks can get a little cranky early in the morning having only had one cup of coffee. Now that I am on my third cup I'm feeling better. I guess I need to appoligize for for such a short reply. If you could give more options on your post a poll I feel sure you will get the feed back you are looking for. I wanted to tell you about my little eight year old twins who cache all the time with me but since thay don't have there own acccount I guess I will not.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

Actually, it might have just been an open-ended question - without intentionally being a poll. I've see this happen a few times in these forums...

Welcome!

My 2½-year-old regularly caches, and has been since March of 2001 (when he was just barely walking).

Erik, son of RobAmy in our area has been "backpacking" since he was born.

I'm sure there are some Geocachers "expecting" as well. So you've got some stiff competition for the youngest.

What about the oldest? My mom went out, and she's 68, but I've heard stories of 80- and 90-something cachers out there. Stories anyone?

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

quote:
Originally posted by lilgeogirl:

I dont mean for u to say...."My son comes with me he is three...I mean more like kids with there own accounts and what not.

GeoPet

Being a high school teacher I know the tendancy for teenagers to be very self centered thus only one choice. But as for a geocacher.. great. I've explained geocaching to most of my students and I usually just get weird looks.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

My boss's son found a cache by accident, if I recall correctly he's around eight or nine. He brought it back home all excited, but thankfully my boss knew what geocaching was and had him put it back. I think his son traded a toy car for a dollar that was inside or something icon_biggrin.gif

snazzsig.jpg

My boss's son found a cache by accident, if I recall correctly he's around eight or nine. He brought it back home all excited, but thankfully my boss knew what geocaching was and had him put it back. I think his son traded a toy car for a dollar that was inside or something icon_biggrin.gif

snazzsig.jpg

I AM MAJICMAN!

I have gotten 3 generation involved in goecaching:

My wife and I, our son-in-law and daughter, and thier one and 1/2 year old child (our grandson.)

Of course, Charles just goes along for the ride, but, he's a cachin'!

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

My son Casey is 10 years old. He's only been caching for about 4 or 5 months. Since then, he has learned how to use the GPS and find caches

on his own. Not only that, he his familiar

with most towns withen a 50 mile radius from home.

He has seen alot of parks and historic places.

Every single day he asked me if there was a new

cache hidden, and what town it was placed.

Needless to say, Casey is a geocaching nut like the rest of us! icon_eek.gif

Duane from

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

caseyonhisown.jpg

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

My son Casey is 10 years old. He's only been caching for about 4 or 5 months. Since then, he has learned how to use the GPS and find caches

on his own. Not only that, he his familiar

with most towns withen a 50 mile radius from home.

He has seen alot of parks and historic places.

Every single day he asked me if there was a new

cache hidden, and what town it was placed.

Needless to say, Casey is a geocaching nut like the rest of us! icon_eek.gif

Duane from

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

caseyonhisown.jpg

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

That our original poster has dropped out of this discussion? Have some people's posts scarded her away? I think we need to be more gentle. My skin is as thick as necessary. Are we inhibiting new members who may be too young to understand how this forum works? ub

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy?s life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. Mark Twain

I am Majicman's Daughter Mommy#1 and my husband is Armyman27. Our son Charles is 18 months old and we take him geocaching with us. He likes to be outside but what kid doesn't. He gets to pick whatever he wants out of the cache when we go to it so he can get a prize too.

Mommy#1

Jones Family Web

Meet STITCH, GEOSTITCH "there's one in every family".

Although he is 15 months old and too young to cache (being able to read, for instance, is a big help), my son Alex enjoys being carried in the backpack as I cache. When he gets older, I hope he's as interested and enthusiastic as you appear to be. icon_smile.gif

Well done for caching, and well done indeed for joining our discussions. I'm sure you can give us some good insights. You'll have to grow a thick skin to put up with some of the things people say, but that'll serve you well in later life. icon_biggrin.gif

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

Although he is 15 months old and too young to cache (being able to read, for instance, is a big help), my son Alex enjoys being carried in the backpack as I cache. When he gets older, I hope he's as interested and enthusiastic as you appear to be. icon_smile.gif

Well done for caching, and well done indeed for joining our discussions. I'm sure you can give us some good insights. You'll have to grow a thick skin to put up with some of the things people say, but that'll serve you well in later life. icon_biggrin.gif

evilrooster

[how do you get those automatic quotes?]

"What about the oldest? My mom went out, and she's 68, but I've heard stories of 80- and 90-something cachers out there. Stories anyone?"

You have no sense of history. I go geocaching with my great great granddaddy's ashes. GGG Daniel Boone is always such an inspiration to me.

We need to honor our ancestors.

quote:
Originally posted by GypsyMoth:

Rather than clicking on the 'Post Reply' button at the bottom of the screen, click on the double quotes in the header line of the specific post that you want to quote and reply to. (It's the last symbol on the right, and if you hold your cursor over it, it'll say 'Reply with Quotes'.)

quote:
"What about the oldest? My mom went out, and she's 68, but I've heard stories of 80- and 90-something cachers out there. Stories anyone?".

The oldest cacher that I've crossed paths with (not at the same time, though), is The Malumute Kid from the Grand Rapids, MI area. He's 70-something.

I think it's great to see people of all ages and physical conditions participating in this sport. icon_smile.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by GypsyMoth:

Rather than clicking on the 'Post Reply' button at the bottom of the screen, click on the double quotes in the header line of the specific post that you want to quote and reply to. (It's the last symbol on the right, and if you hold your cursor over it, it'll say 'Reply with Quotes'.)

quote:
"What about the oldest? My mom went out, and she's 68, but I've heard stories of 80- and 90-something cachers out there. Stories anyone?".

The oldest cacher that I've crossed paths with (not at the same time, though), is The Malumute Kid from the Grand Rapids, MI area. He's 70-something.

I think it's great to see people of all ages and physical conditions participating in this sport. icon_smile.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

My husband and I just started caching. We are expecting our first baby the first week of January. The plan is to try to get into healthier shape before the baby arrives and of course to have a good time. Just curious at what age do ya'll usually start bringing your little ones along?

Kaye & Silas

My dog is four but he really stinks at working the GPS.

Way to go lilgeogirl. This is way more fun and better for you than staring at x-box all day! Don't let these people scare you. They are just jealous you know how to work your GPS already and they are still have the manual upside down.

quote:
Originally posted by Kaye & Silas:

My husband and I just started caching. We are expecting our first baby the first week of January. The plan is to try to get into healthier shape before the baby arrives and of course to have a good time. Just curious at what age do ya'll usually start bringing your little ones along?

Kaye & Silas

Depends on the cache. I tend to do urban caches, so from birth. I would also recommend carrying the baby rather than using a stroller. There are some great slings for little babies (the Baby Bjorn etc) and backpacks for older ones. It's better for the baby because it's close to you and at eye level to flirt with adults. It's better for you, because it'll get you into great shape. And you can get to more caches that way. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh - and congratulations!

evilrooster

quote:
Originally posted by Kaye & Silas:

Kaye & Silas

Depends on the cache. I tend to do urban caches, so from birth. I would also recommend carrying the baby rather than using a stroller. There are some great slings for little babies (the Baby Bjorn etc) and backpacks for older ones. It's better for the baby because it's close to you and at eye level to flirt with adults. It's better for you, because it'll get you into great shape. And you can get to more caches that way. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh - and congratulations!

evilrooster