Server Error In '/' Application

nittany dave

Tell me I'm not the only one. How frustrating.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80072740): Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.]

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.MakeRequest(StateProtocolVerb verb, String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess, Int32 timeout, Int32 lockCookie, Byte[] buf, Int32 cb, Int32 networkTimeout, SessionNDMakeRequestResults& results) +512

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.DoGet(String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess) +53

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.GetExclusive(String id) +7

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGetExclusive(String id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state) +6

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +67

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +275

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

I don't even get the error message now - everything has gone really slow...

MarcB

The big question is... Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

It means alot of cachers are logging in with their caches they have found. :rolleyes: It seems to happen every weekend, when I wish to log my caches in, :lol: soooooooooo........ it would seem that it happens to other people too, right? :lol::lol::lol:

(Geek speak ahead)

Someone at Groundspeak left a security hole open. If they would put this key in the web.config:

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

then we wouldn't all get a stack trace showing these intimate details every time the server crashed.

Edited by phildonnia