Tb Race 2004 Starting Point Event Cache

Ducky

:rolleyes: The starting point event cache will be 1 may 2004 between 9am and 1pm or so. We are in the planning stages right now and hope to have it finalized soon. It will be a great chance to get together and put faces to all the names we see on the cache pages. Hope to see you all there.

:D It's almost time for the race to begin.

We had our final planning meeting the other night and this is what we have planed for Sat.

0900 Meet & Greet at posted co-ords

0930 The fun begins. Course has been laid out with at least 10 waypoints for you to find. They are all film cans with a Geocaching question inside.

1130 The results

There are no facilities at the location but are about 5 min away in Cole Harbour.

We will have a water jug available, just remember to bring a cup.

The 1st Shearwater Scouts will be providing a BBQ to raise funds for their trip to Scotia Jam in Cape Breton next year. Prices as of now are Hotdogs $1.00 Hamburgers $2.00 and Pop 1.00

The weather looks good but this is a rain or shine event so be prepared

If there are any further changes I will post a note tonight.

:) See you all tomorrow :D

P.S. I hope you have all reread you GPS Manual :D

Edited by Team Oddball
Bumping this one up as the Race was due to end on November 30th - not that These Boots are Made for Racing stands any hope as it's still stuck in Ontario and Long Suffering has already made it to 7 provinces. Congratulations DocMagoo - if you can't watch the Canucks play hockey at least you can watch your travel bug moving :yikes:

Yeah, I've sort of wondered what happened to the race too as there hasn't been much action since the end of summer :laughing: . Some of the bugs took some pretty eradict turns, so to speak. I wonder if anyone is following it on the other end? :rolleyes:

:laughing:

I feed bad about this. I haven't been updating the web site due to a variety of reasons.

1. I had to reload Windows after I got a virus

2. Lost the FTP program I was using.

3. Just when I was getting to the point I could start updating, I got another virus or something. My computer is sending bulk e-mails out. I'm afraid to turn my computer on. I've had experts look at it but no solutions except to reload Windows!"

4. Add to this lack of time to get things fixed

I hate computers! I hate Windows.

Sorry everyone. Please forgive me.

Well, as my grandpa used to say, "The game ain't over until the ..... cache gets stolen!" :D

Now I know what the Chicago Cubs feel like B)

Got this from the cache owners of Cattail Cache

--This message was sent through the Geocaching.com web site--

Dear DocMagoo

We Hate to be the barer of bad news, but after receiving an e mail from a fellow geocacher that he was unable to find our cache we went out to check, and it has been stolen!!! The site was badly trampled and the entire cache was missing.

We will dissable our site and perhaps try again in the spring.

So sorry,Squabble Squad

Thus likely endeth the journey of Long Suffering....it met the same demise as the hockey season! :lol:

Thus likely endeth the journey of Long Suffering....it met the same demise as the hockey season!  :ph34r:

I can't recall whether the rules allow for awards to be made posthumously <_< .

Neither can I. It's not so much the race, but I was hoping to somehow retrieve the bug at a later date. Who knows, maybe it'll show up somewhere...doubtful, but one can always hope. At least I didn't take a long commute to Medicine Hat to try and nab it.

Edited by DocMagoo