Rookie New Cache/tb Question

cklarue

Hi all -

So I created and hid my first cache today, and placed a travel bug in it. My question is, when I logged the cache - and before it's been approved - is there a way for me to designate that the TB is in the cache?

I can't seem to find a way to actually place it in my Inventory (even though I've activated it), and I think I need to do that before I can officially move it into the Cache (with the "Found it!" function?).

Any clues would be appreciated... Thanks, KLR

You haven't "officially" placed the TB in the cache yet, but posted a note saying you put it in there.

When you go to make a log (post a note) for the cache, the bug should be in your inventory. Select "Write note" and select the bug from the drop down list of bugs at the bottom, like any other bug.

<<When you activate a TB, it should automatically be listed in your inventory>>

That would make a lot of sense - I just checked my inventory and it's there - I just don't know how to *attach* it to the cache.

<<You don't want to use "Found It", you want to use "Post a Note."

It is generally considered to be wrong to log a find on your own cache.>>

OK - good tip that will keep me outta trouble...

Thanks guys, KLR

<<When you go to make a log (post a note) for the cache, the bug should be in your inventory. Select "Write note" and select the bug from the drop down list of bugs at the bottom, like any other bug.>>

This is the Ticket! I just found the inventory list under "log your visit" on the cache page. Thanks mucho!