Your Assistance Please

lostinjersey

First off, I looked in the TOS and didn't see anything addressing requests for donations, so here goes. I hope I don't offend anyone by making this request...

I am tenatively planning to participate on April 3rd or 4th in the Jump for the kids

http://www.jumpforthekids.org/ourmission.htm

This is an event which encourages participants to gather donations to the charity. The charities purpose is to help low income kids get after school training and schooling and encourage them to go to college. In addition, they provide scholarships to a high school senior involved in Georgetown University Law Center's Street Law program.

My primary job: encourage people to sponsor me in my sky dive, either at X amount per 1,000 feet or just a flat amount. If I am not mistaken, my company will match the money I gather. Or the amount I personally donate, not sure which. So I am hoping that anyone reading this will be willing to make a pledge of any amount. it could even be $10.00.

I have little time to prepare for this since I just found out about it yesterday. I must register by Wednesday, 3/31. if I can see that there are people willing to sponsor me, I'll do it. I may just do it anyway. But I obviously need sponsors, so if you're interested please email me at teamgwho@hotmail.com or respond to this post.

The Forum Guideline which rules this posting out would be the "stay on topic" portion. I suggest you carry a micro with you and hide it to commemorate the event.

Nicely handled KA.

I'm doing a hike for cancer in June. I'll sponsor you if you sponsor me.

To be on topic I am thinking about making it a cache event and hide a few caches along the route.

You're a braver man than I. I'd be happy to sponsor you for charity.

Parachuting seems a lot like climbing. If something goes wrong - it's not the fall that you worry about, it's the eventual landing. Remember what was going through the jumper's mind as he landed after his chute failed to open? (answer: his feet). :rolleyes:

Dirt poisoning can be hazardous to your health. Please be careful.

You're a braver man than I. I'd be happy to sponsor you for charity.

Parachuting seems a lot like climbing. If something goes wrong - it's not the fall that you worry about, it's the eventual landing. Remember what was going through the jumper's mind as he landed after his chute failed to open? (answer: his feet). :rolleyes:

Dirt poisoning can be hazardous to your health. Please be careful.

i disagree. climbing is I think a lot tougher mainly because you have to do it for longer time periods ... and .... if the going gets rough you dont have the luxury of someone or soemthing to bail you out (like a backup chute)

thanks

The Forum Guideline which rules this posting out would be the "stay on topic" portion.  I suggest you carry a micro with you and hide it to commemorate the event.

Nicely handled KA.

I'm doing a hike for cancer in June. I'll sponsor you if you sponsor me.

To be on topic I am thinking about making it a cache event and hide a few caches along the route.

i think thats a fair deal. just give me the details on the when and where. and how.