Geocaching Mobile Midlet.

Lots of you already know , and use this service been provided by GeocacheUK, But as there has been many newcomers to the sport (and also, as many have new Java Phones) , you may want to take a look here: http://www.geocacheuk.com/midlet.shtml

It is free software that runs on many Java phones...(The ones that have 'downloadable Games' as one of their featurelist) , and can locate the nearest UK caches to your current co-ordinates, together with the description/clue. Cache details are stored in the phone, so, can be seen even if there is no service where the cache is (as opposed to WAP, where you need a connection all times). Very useful for spur of moment caching, with no Internet connection to get to, just fire up the software, and away you go!

If you have any problems with it, just leave a message here, and we'll try and sort things out.

Cheers, Have fun!

Tony.

Hey thats brilliant thank you !!

I put in my home coords and what do you know ? the first cache it brings up is mine !

Excellent I knew this moby was good for something apart from the wife ringing me up in the pub :rolleyes:

Edited by polar69

Can people post what Phone they get it working on ???

So far I have it working faultlessly on a TMobile Blackberry running 3.7.0.26 RIM software

I have it loaded on a Sony Ericsson Z600 but it will not download the caches - it gets to 10% download and freezes - still working on it

Edited by S&G.Davison

Cant get it to work on my Sagem myX-6, I can get to the page but am not offered any download nor can I save any item from the page. I know the phone is set up for Vodafone Live, dont know if there are any settings I can change, ie: add another service provider or what. It would be nice to get it going.