Downloading Loc And Gpx

I also need help in this area. I dowloaded and used the EASYGPS program and GPX SPINNER program. I am able to send everything I need to my GPS but the cords are all incorrect. I am using the GPX format to send the info to my Magellan Meridian GPS. Should I use the LOC format instead? This downloading cords is great but its not helping me any with all wrong cords. Any help would be appreciated.

I also need help in this area. I dowloaded and used the EASYGPS program and GPX SPINNER program. I am able to send everything I need to my GPS but the cords are all incorrect. I am using the GPX format to send the info to my Magellan Meridian GPS. Should I use the LOC format instead? This downloading cords is great but its not helping me any with all wrong cords. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sure the coords are right...just make sure you're reading them in the same format. This site shows coords as Degrees, Decimal Minutes (DD MM.mmm), and I'm guessing your GPS is set to either Degress, Minutes, Seconds (DD MM SS) or Decimal Degrees (DD.ddddd).

:P I am having the same trouble. I can download the geocache locations into my computer, but from the computer into the GPS. The new Garmin 60C uses a USB and the program GSAK only asks for COM1, 2, or 3.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSAK uses GPSBabel “Under the hood” to send waypoints to your GPS. So as soon as GPSBabel supports USB so will GSAK. There are currently 2 ways to get around this for the Garmin 60c/s

1. Use GSAK to export required waypoints to Mapsource, then use Mapsouce (software provided with the Garmin 60c/s) to upload to your USB GPS

2. Purchase a serial cable (this will also enable you to use other sofware that only supports serial communication).

:P I purchased the Garmin 60CS last Monday. Found my first cache yesterday.

I had hand loaded the waypoint into my GPS and cannot figure out how to download the find to this website.

Have downloaded EasyGPS and GPX Spinner as well as the Mapsource software which came with the GPS.

I find the manual close to useless when it comes to the topic of computer interface. Garmin website is not much better.

Anyhow I guess it just takes time.

Change the waypoint icon in Mapsource to Geocache before transferring to your GPS would be what I'd try first. If that resolves it, look at the conversion program you're using to see if it allows setting the icon during the conversion. I use GarTrax and when you have all the support files in the same folder as the program, you can select the Mapsource type in preferences and it creates the Mapsource file with the Geocache icons for you.