More Digits

T.N.L.N

A regular coordinate looks like this N 59° 37.428, E 016° 38.386 .

My problem is that my GPS (Magellan 310) only takes seven digits when I input the coordinates. The last digit I cant input. How do I do to get most accurate positioning? Do I type the nearest for example E016 38.39 instead of E016 38.386 or should I go for E016 38.38?

What is the best to do?

Not a magellan owner, but I think (as has been said), that the 310 is one of the models that only go to 2decimal places. Which means you'll have to be searching a bigger area.

This thread is about the same thing, and one of the people explains their method for using the 310, someone also suggests using UTM instead of decimal minute.

If you need more info, you might try using the search feature, just be sure to reset to search beyond the last 30days :rolleyes:

Don't know if your unit will do this but maybe try setting the unit to UTMs and see if you can inter all the coords in that format. All I've ever dealt with is UTMs in navagation and it seems to be alot easier to use maps with over lat/long.

Nick T

I got help in another thread and my GPS only supports two last digits but I can convert the last tree digits to seconds.

I made some ajustments in settings and now I think it will go smother next time.

Thanks all for taking your precious time.