Becoming A Premium Member From The Uk

MarcB

I've decided it's finally time I become a member of geocaching.com. Only problem is I don't want to use Paypal and come from the UK.

Will you except cheques written in £ sterling (if so, how much should it be written for?) or is there any other way round this (e.g. hard cash)?

MarcB

We're working to get a merchant account to handle credit cards directly. If everything goes well, we should have this capability available by May 1st.

Wow, a deadline! That sounds great, especially when in My Cache Page it reads this:

You are a Premium Member

Your membership will continue through Sunday, May 02, 2004.

Now I just hope American Express will be among the accepted cards. Great news Jeremy, I appreciate a lot! :rolleyes:

I have been using paypal for well over 3 years and I have never had a problem with them. The "horror" stories are typical of the mass media. Simple precautions go a long way.

I use a seperate credit card for my paypal account so the only charges that show on that bill are paypal releated. Its very easy to spot a problem (not that I have had any with paypal)

We have both a PayPal account and a merchant account for our business. Right now both of the merchant charges are the same percent so it does not make a differnence to us what the customer uses. Some will refuse to enter their credit card information into the secure server on the website while others perfer PayPal. Actually I prefer PayPal as it is less work for me! I have to enter the credit card information by phone to get credit where PayPal just shows up in my account.

The merchant account for Groundspeak should be a big boom for memberships.