3 Questions On 60cs And Cityselect

I can't seem to figure out how to enter a lat. Lon position manually to make the unit navigate to the coordinates you enter. I tried marking and changing coordinates but it would highlight them but wouln't change them.

Also how would you make it navigate a off road route in reverse? We use to bring up the route screen and enter reverse.

One more.

I made a route to go to Fla. from Ma. and sent it to my 60CS but when I told it to nav there it said only 50 points were allowed. It would only do it in off road.

How can I set it up to use the route I want to take to Fla? So it will navigate me there over the road with autorouting?

Also how would you make it navigate a off road route in reverse? We use to bring up the route screen and enter reverse.

Main Menu->Routes (Select your route)->Menu->'Reverse Route'->Navigate

I made a route to go to Fla. from Ma. and sent it to my 60CS but when I told it to nav there it said only 50 points were allowed. It would only do it in off road.

How can I set it up to use the route I want to take to Fla? So it will navigate me there over the road with autorouting?

Just download the destination....let your unit do the auto-routing calculation work.

Main Menu->Routes (Select your route)->Menu->'Reverse Route'->Navigate

Just download the destination....let your unit do the auto-routing calculation work.

Thanks for the info.....

I want to go around some city's because of traffic and avoid the Baltimore Tunnel cause of LPG in RV.

I guess if I have to I'll do it by your way,and just get on the way I want and let it recalulate itself.

I only can fit enough maps to get half way. I'll bring the laptop.

I should do it in two parts? Say enter Washington as Dest. and when I get down there. Reload maps to Fla. and hit Orlando.

Be nice to do the whole thing to give an idea on time to go. Maybe the base map as they say can autoroute. So the Orlando destination will work from Ma.

No one knows how to enter coordinates manually?

I can't seem to figure out how to enter a lat. Lon position manually to make the unit navigate to the coordinates you enter.  I tried marking and changing coordinates but it would highlight them but wouln't change them.

I'm able to mark a waypoint and manually change the coords. I have a 60cs but I don't believe that makes a difference. Try again, I can't think of why they won't highlight for you.

I only can fit enough maps to get half way. I'll bring the laptop.

Since the major roads and highways are in the basemap, you can route from one area of detailed maps to another without really having to have detailed maps in between. But perhaps you are already taking this into account. If not, you might only want to upload detailed maps of the destination and anywhere you might want to make excursions in between.

I was surprised by the 50 waypoint limit for Autorouting also. I ride long distances with my bicycle and follow specific routes. So just having a start and finish waypoint doesn't do it.

Currently I split the route in segments of 50 waypoints or less e.g. Part1, Part2 ...

This works fairly well, only sometimes it doesn't route what it is supposed to route and is routing around with adding busy roades and more Miles. I tried it with all settings: Car/Motorcycle, Bicycle, Pedestrian etc. Fastest, Shortest. It just won't route as Mapsource V5.4 with CitySelect 5.02 would do.

Overall it is rarely and I am very pleased with the Autorouting, but still hope they will remove the 50 waypoint limit and make it to the 250 waypoints for Autorouting.

I can't seem to figure out how to enter a lat. Lon position manually to make the unit navigate to the coordinates you enter. I tried marking and changing coordinates but it would highlight them but wouln't change them.

Since no one seems to be addressing your waypoint issue:

You need to mark a point, which you know how to do.

Then you scroll through each box with the rocker key until you've highlighted the field you'd like to alter (you can change the icon, name, note, lat/long, elevation and depth). Once in that field, press enter. In the Lat/Long field, a number pad will pop up and from there you alter your waypoint..

When you've entered it correctly, press o.k. and then make sure you press o.k. again at the very bottom of the page so it is saved. THEN it should show up in the menu just like everything else.

-=-

michelle

I can't seem to figure out how to enter a lat. Lon position manually to make the unit navigate to the coordinates you enter.  I tried marking and changing coordinates but it would highlight them but wouln't change them.

Since no one seems to be addressing your waypoint issue:

You need to mark a point, which you know how to do.

Then you scroll through each box with the rocker key until you've highlighted the field you'd like to alter (you can change the icon, name, note, lat/long, elevation and depth). Once in that field, press enter. In the Lat/Long field, a number pad will pop up and from there you alter your waypoint..

When you've entered it correctly, press o.k. and then make sure you press o.k. again at the very bottom of the page so it is saved. THEN it should show up in the menu just like everything else.

-=-

michelle

I think I figured it out. What I was doing was enter phony numbers just to see if that is how you do it and it wouldn't accept it because there is no such Lat. or Lon. numbers. If I enter real numbers from a spot it takes it. Amazing how it knows that.