Downloading Waypoints

mlivia

I'm using EasyGPS to keep track of waypoints, but I still have to enter coords manually. When I try to use the "Download Waypoints" (whether individually or in a batch), I'm just redirected to the page that explains how to download. This page is helpful, but seems to miss the critical step between finding an app like EasyGPS and actually getting waypoints saved to my hard drive from the Geocaching site.

Uh, help?

Ok, so you have found the caches you want, you put a check in the box of each cache for which you want to download the coords (or click th "Check All" button) Once you click on the "Download Waypoints" button you should be presented with a "Save File" dialogue box. This will allow you to save XXX.loc.

It sounds like you are not getting the file save dialogue box. Are you using IE or Nestcape/Mozilla? Also, have you accepted the EULA agreement at some point?

I am not getting the File Save As dialogue box. I've tried this in IE in WinXP, Mozilla in WinXP, Mozilla in Fedora, and Mozilla in SuSE 9 Pro, all with the same results. I'm logged in when I try this, and I'm not presented with any EULA for the .loc files.

All that happens when I check the boxes and click Download Waypoints is the redirect to the Download LOC/GPX Files page.

Ok, this might be dumb and I may not be understanding the problem right...but...

Do you have EasyGPS open when you click download? It must be open. Then click OPEN, & OPEN again. - JamesJM

P.S. EDIT...or at least with the older version of EasyGPS on my computer. This happened to me when I first got EasyGPS but is no longer the case.

Edited by JamesJM
Ok, this might be dumb and I may not be understanding the problem right...but...

Do you have EasyGPS open when you click download? It must be open. Then click OPEN, & OPEN again. - JamesJM

P.S. EDIT...or at least with the older version of EasyGPS on my computer. This happened to me when I first got EasyGPS but is no longer the case.

I don't think just to download a *.loc file you should need to have EasyGPS open, but are you by any chance running some sort of firewall/pop-up blocker on your machines that is preventing the "Save-file" dialogue from displaying? Faling that, I think you may need to contact GC.com admin.

If you've already accepted the EULA (End User License Agreement), try logging out of the website (click the Log Out link), closing all your browser windows and then logging back in.

If you haven't accepted the EULA, you need to do that before you can download .loc files.