Ms Streets & Trips

Cyjo

Ok, I use MS Streets & Trips and for the money I like the program. I recently upgraded from '02 to '04 and the other night I was trying to import waypoints from a comma delimited text file. In the import wizard you can designate the columns to represent certain info in each push pin such as name and address. Not matter what I did thought the points I imported always reported the lat and lon for name and address. I did not have this problem in '02. I checked ms for a fix but could not locate any. Has anyone else seen this and what did you do?

Thanks

Using GPSBabel and the instructions at http://gpsbabel.sourceforge.net/formats/s_...Trips_2003.html I routinely load many hundreds of waypoints into S&T 2004. The trick to not having to haggle with the import wizard is to put the "blessed" column names as the first line - or better yet, use a tool that does that for you.

Name,Latitude,Longitude,Name 2,URL,Type

GCHQ1A,36.185450,-86.327833,Quarter Mile to the Depot,http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=cca5eb30-0a6c-481c-bbe1-9fae6f70b921,""

I have been very disappointed with microsoft over their S&T software. It only accepts one lat long format and the maps look too cartoonish for me. As for the formats, it should be very easy to write in a little logic program that would allow you to enter coordinates in any format and the software would understand what you wanted. The AF uses FalconView, a flight planning program, which does this.

I wonder if the programmers have any understanding of latitude and longitude formats