cjordan

I'm just starting and would like to Cache while

on vacation, but since I will be away from a

computer I will not be able to use the online

log until I return. Can anyone suggest a paper

based log? I don't want to forget any details

before I can get to a computer and I wouldn't

mind keeping a paper based log either.

If you are asking for what information to keep track of in a paper-log...then I would suggest:

Necessary for logging it on geocaching.com:

1-Name of Cache

2-Date that you found it.

Other extra information:

3-What you took and/or left (if anything).

4-Any story related to your find.

5-Night, Day, Rainy, Windy...??

6-People present

7-CITO stories

8-Whatever else you think of...

Travel Bugs:

You can keep written log of the Travel Bugs you find, but I would not move them.

1-Their name

2-Their code

3-The cache in which you spotted them.

4-Date you spotted them

...and when you get back toa computer, you can "post a note".

I hope this helps. Happy Caching!

______________________________________________ Kanto

[This message was edited by Kanto on July 23, 2003 at 11:29 AM.]

I have a two week jaunt coming up. Here is what I'm going to do. Print out all of the caches I plan on visiting while on vacation, and put them in a note book till needed. Then take said print outs with me to find the cache. That way if need clues, or mis transposed a digit I can correct it. On the print out I'll keep notes, such as enviorment, T/L, TB, and condition of the cache.

I do this when attempting more than two caches on the same trip.

This space for rent

I have all my cache pages on a clip board and I write the key points of the cache hunt on the back of each cache page. That way I have something to refer to when its time to log it. A small memo pad will also work well for this. Just write the GC# at the top of each entry

If while on vacation, I find myself near a library, I'll go there to log my caches, otherwise I'll just wait until I get home.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

I use a cheapo little paper notebook/memo pad, and write cache name, what I took, what I left, notes about interesting sights or funny things that happen, travel bugs and their numbers, and who went with me. Sometimes I don't log for days because I'm not in my home state. If I forget the notebook, but have the cache page I write on that. If I remember my pen! Remembering to bring this stuff is the key.

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

iplayoutside suggested what i was going to i do this even when i'm near home especially when i'm going out after more than one at a time. it helps keep everything straight.

"If you mess with a Porcupine you might just get the quills. LOL I just had to say that"

A problem that may occur if you are caching on holiday is with Travel Bugs.

If you pick one up whilst on holiday, it is sometimes best to write in the logbook that you are on holiday so won't be able to log it until a certain date.

if you leave a travel bug, the tracking system goes a little out of sync. I find it best to pick up travel bugs at the start of my holiday, and leave them in various caches on the last day, or even leave them in cacahes when I get home so that it works out ok.

Sarah

--