Help, Uploading Geos To 60c

hey guys & gals...

my frustration has topped off... the search engine keeps giving me errors when i search for info and manually i can't seem to find the help i need... here's the situation... i have a gpsmap60c (got it a coupla days ago) with mapsource topo 6.02Beta... i'm trying to get cahes to show up in the geocaching area of the 60c... i can upload waypoints to the gpsr but they show up in the waypoint section... i have a pocket query of 200 caches nearby that i'd like to have access to in the geocache section of the gpsr... how do i get them there???

i also have GSAK but aren't familiar with it yet... i thought easygps or expertgps would take the pocket queries and up load them to the gpsr and the gpsr would recognoze them as geocaches and i would find them listed there... but no luck with either of those programs... i know it's one of those "right under my nose things" but something just isn't clicking for me...

thanks in advance for the info/suggestions...

stacey

rokclimber

As far as the 60C/S is concerned, a Geocache is simply a waypoint with the "geocache" waypoint icon. If you take any waypoint and change it's icon to geocache (the closed treasure box in the outdoor section), it will show up in your Geocache list.

I haven't tried MapSource 6 Beta, but you've got to be able to set the wayypoint type to geocache there too.

... i'm trying to get cahes to show up in the geocaching area of the 60c... i can upload waypoints to the gpsr but they show up in the waypoint section... i have a pocket query of 200 caches nearby that i'd like to have access to in the geocache section of the gpsr... how do i get them there???

rokclimber, I'm also the proud owner of a 60C. I use EasyMPS to upload my geocaching waypoints. Go here: http://www.iancowley.co.uk/caching/

to download the free program.

Once you download geocaching waypoints to a file, open it with EasyMPS. Then, under "Options", simply click the "Geocache" choice under "Waypoint Icon". Then, under Export waypoints, you can: Open in Mapsource, or choose a different file type to upload. I just say Open in Mapsource and then upload right into my 60C, and they all come in with Geocache Icons for you. You need to turn off the 60C and then back on for them to appear under Find/Geocache. Enjoy!