Training VIDEOS

Guest Prime_Meridian

Guest Prime_Meridian

Has anyone purchased any of the GPS training videos that are available? I was thinking about buying one, to see what features are available on the unit, and then actually see some of the features being used...

I'm thinking there's a Garmin Vista with my name on it, but I just don't know...

I think most of those videos are a bit cheesy. If you are trying to figure out what features a GPS unit has I would suggest reading reviews online (try http://joe.mehaffey.com/) and downloading the manual from the manufacture's website. I know Garmin and Magellan puts their user manuals on the web in PDF format.

mcb

Guest Cape Cod Cache

I recommend a net search, then go to a brick & mortar store. Go on a slow business evening and see if there is a person that will sit down and talk and take you out to the parking lot for a quick test run. I did that a couple years ago when I sold for a 'discount marine store'. I sold a ton of them, just by showing how to use a unit, and would help a customer if he had a problem as well.

my $0.02