Geocachers

Wrong Way Ron

I'm a woman. Initially I did most of the caching myself. Mr. WD has taken more of an interest this year and we are caching together quite often now.

It's strange... I love clothes and I love shopping and all those other girly things. But I also like hiking and geocaching. I have lways believed you can have the best of both worlds.

I'm a woman and I usually go with two hound bitches. I hooked my grandma, aunt, and neice too but all three of them go with a (male) dog :D.

There are lots of homeless people in and around Santa Monica, CA and to be honest I don't think I'd ever started geocaching had I not had a dog or a permenant human hiking partner. Sucks but another great reason to have a doggie (or two :D). Although I don't think most men should hike alone in these same areas.

<_< I'm a woman and a geocacher and not a nerd, although I work on a computer 40 hrs a wk not counting what time I spend on Groundspeak. My daughter and best friend and her daughter all geocache together. Sometimes we even let Mastifflover come along. I always was more of a tomboy than Mom wanted, but I never got too lost in the woods.. Keep caching!!!!! :P:P:lol:

I started out with a fella but he wouldn't let me hold the GPS ... so I got my own. I'm now on my 2nd GPS and loving the caching so much I'm officially 'addicted'.

My daughter gets dragged out every once in a while (when there isn't a party somewhere to either prepare for or recover from).

We did this cache together:

Ultimate Chicks Survival Cache

I noticed lately that at our monthly event caches there are more and more women caching - either with partners or alone. A few of us have been talking about a really nasty series for the men in the area... one of these days we'll actually get it planned and executed!

I just started with all this, and it never occured to me that this might be considered a man sport. It sure as heck didn't occur to me that some people might consider it a nerd sport. Fighting over baseball statistics with a drunken buddy seems a whole lot manlier and nerdier than walking through the woods with a GPS, a letterbox stamp I carved and a few trade items. :bad: I guess it's just the way you look at it. Anyway, I'm female, I run around with another female letterboxer, and if my husband wants to join the fun once he gets back from his business trip, I guess we'll let him.

Edited by metaldog

DH may have discovered the sport and bought the GPS but I'm the one that finds the caches first, holds the GPS and does most of the research.

Used to be involved with Hash House Harriers so I did have experience running around not knowing where I was going. Too old and responsible now to regularly imbibe large amounts of cheap beer especially as we do this as a family activity.

DD [who is 3] does it for the presents.

I tend to send DH out on the ones that involve swamp, possible crocodiles and snakes and lots of walking under a tropical sun.<_<

GeoWombats is 50% female and more so if you count our 2 female dogs.

Donna