Anyone Need A New Caching Vechicle?

A friend of mine (in the UK) bought a near new Jaguar for 100 pounds ($180 US). It was sold through a news paper ad. He thought he was buying an old car that would work for spare parts for the one he already had. Turned out the owner had run away with some young girl and written to his wife saying 'sell the Jag, send me the money - everything else is yours'..... She checked with the lawyer, he said it was OK, so she sold it for 100 pounds and sent him that.....

A friend of mine (in the UK) bought a near new Jaguar for 100 pounds ($180 US).

A friend? Someone you knew personally? Not a "friend of a friend"?

The reason I ask is that's a classic Urban Legend

I was, sort of, playing with the thread a little. I know this is an urban legend. So I posted the story with no comment to see how long it would be before I go a bite. HOWEVER, this particular version is true. My friend, not a friend of a friend, called me and asked me to take him to collect the vehicle on my trailer. He was that convinced that it had to be an old clunker. I took him to the address to get this vehicle. There was a near new Jag in the drive which we assumed was the replacement for the old one which had to be around the back somewhere. But no, the one we saw was the one he got and the trailer was totally not needed. He drove the vehicle home and locked it up in his garage until all of the paperwork had been processed and was back in his hands. Just in case!!! It seemed too good to be true.

Sorry for playing with you all on this one but just coz something features close to something that is an urban legend, it can still be true. Perhaps the wife of the runaway had heard of this and was inspired by it?

The reserve is blue-book value. Who's going to pay full book value for a car with a dent, rust, cat-scratched interior, and no warranty?

I suspect the seller made up the story to attract bids on her over-priced, very commonly available, econo-car...

-Bob

which is precisely why it didn't sell for reserve. :D true value is what people are willing to pay, and it isn't blue book!

How cute....but I think this is a more appropriate vehicle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2468753452

:D ROFL! :blink:

I was JUST about to post the EXACT same link! hahahahhahaha

BTW, I saw one of these at the Tierra Del Sol event in SoCal a few weeks ago - these things can go ANYWHERE! If you're looking for a good off-road vehicle that's practically bullet-proof and can double as a motorhome, these things are great!

I almost bought a 31 foot bluebird school bus motor home conversion last week. :blink: I chickened out at the last minute. The guy only wanted $700 and I could have parted it out for double that. It had been almost gutted inside. What was left needed to come out. All I could think about is how cool it would be as a cache mobile and of course a chick magnet. :D

I find the Edmonds "True Market Value" as close to reality as you can get. Kelly Blue Book is inflated for dealers to point at. At least thats how I've seen it used. My credit union uses the NADA for their values. Kelly is always higher than everything else.

Isn't Kelly blue book based on prices reported from dealers? That would automatically make it inflated.

How cute....but I think this is a more appropriate vehicle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2468753452

:bad: ROFL! ;)

I was JUST about to post the EXACT same link! hahahahhahaha

BTW, I saw one of these at the Tierra Del Sol event in SoCal a few weeks ago - these things can go ANYWHERE! If you're looking for a good off-road vehicle that's practically bullet-proof and can double as a motorhome, these things are great!

Yeah, these things are the ultimate convertible cachemobiles!

--Marky

I bought myself a new caching vehicle this morning. Its going to help me find all those virtuals on NPS lands a lot faster.

206668_400.jpg

I bet if I hold a clipboard, wear a hard hat and throw a stack of orange cones in the back no one will ever question me.

In my best Monty Burns voice: "Eeexxxceeelllleeeennnnnt!" :P

I almost bought a 31 foot bluebird school bus motor home conversion last week.  :P I chickened out at the last minute. The guy only wanted $700 and I could have parted it out for double that. It had been almost gutted inside. What was left needed to come out. All I could think about is how cool it would be as a cache mobile and of course a chick magnet.  <_<

And if that doesn't pan out you could always becom a motivational speaker

livin' in a bus down by the river' :blink: