Tupperware Bombs??

Stunod

Ever made a dry ice "bomb"? Take an empty 2-liter soda bottle, add a cup of water, and put in some chunks of dry ice. Screw on the cap. Run away.

BOOM! Water everywhere, VERY loud noise. Probably harmless as I've never seen any shrapnel and there are no hot gases, although I don't think I'd want to be holding it when it went off.

Edited by Indiana Cojones
Ever made a dry ice "bomb"? Take an empty 20 liter soda bottle, add a cup of water, and put in some chunks of dry ice. Screw on the cap. Run away.

BOOM! Water everywhere, VERY loud noise. Probably harmless as I've never seen any shrapnel and there are no hot gases, although I don't think I'd want to be holding it when it went off.

sounds like a mcgyver episode. :)

Wow! Where can I get a 20 liter soda bottle? :)

That's what I was thinking! :)

No, you don't wanna hold one when it goes off. Two college freshmen from a local college are in jail awaiting charges after leaving a dry ice bomb in a stairwell of their dorm. A security guard found it, picked it up thinking it was trash, and lost 3 fingers, his hearing, and the sight in his right eye (and I would guess a bladderful of waste water, as well).

I've seen 3 liter bottles of generic ginger ale...

Where do you get dry ice, though?

You have to make it yourself. It's easy!

Step1. Fill a bowl with water.

Step 2. Place bowl if front of fire and wait until it is no longer wet.

Step 3. Place dry bowl into freezer and wait.

In a few hours (depending on the size of the bowl) you will have your dry ice.

:D

Yellow Pages under Dry Ice.

Out here some grocery stores sell it as well, especially around halloween when demand goes through the roof.

1) Wear gloves. Thick leather gloves.

2) Buy chips, not blocks.

3) Find someone who either knows what they're doing or accepts responsibilty for their own stupity to teach you how to make fog, blow stuff up, etc.

4) When you get done with that let me know and we'll teach you how to make instant ice cream with Liquid Nitrogen. (great for parties).

:lol:

I must be doing something wrong. The bowl has been in the freezer for a week now and nothing. I have tried it three times now and just can't seem to get it figured out... :D:lol::lol::blink::lol::lol:

It is not as strong but Vinegar and baking soda will expand in the same way.

C-4,Plastics can be formed and placed in any type container.Or in the open.

So if you are looking for a specific container type,you may be looking in the wrong place.

It could look like a rock,brick,or anything you could imagine to form it into.

Well enough on this subject....................

The new plastic bottle is nearly four feet tall, and weighs 274 pounds when filled with Coke. In development tests, it took an average of three men to lift the new bottle. The product will fit in an average refrigerator, but only when all other products and shelving have been removed. Most inconvenient of all, the new Coke will go flat if not drunk within 17 minutes, even if it is promptly recapped. The Coca-Cola Corporation does not see these factors as drawbacks.

This is an early April fool joke...right? :D:blink:

The new plastic bottle is nearly four feet tall, and weighs 274 pounds when filled with Coke. In development tests, it took an average of three men to lift the new bottle. The product will fit in an average refrigerator, but only when all other products and shelving have been removed. Most inconvenient of all, the new Coke will go flat if not drunk within 17 minutes, even if it is promptly recapped. The Coca-Cola Corporation does not see these factors as drawbacks.

no its not, why would it be it encourages you to drink your soda instead of letting it sit forever, man I wish i could be forced to chug a 30 liter soda in less than 17 minues, man would I have to pee as soon as I got in the pool though,

BTW: I dont think this is even an officail press release from CocaCola, it is just a hoax

Ever made a dry ice "bomb"? Take an empty 2-liter soda bottle, add a cup of water, and put in some chunks of dry ice. Screw on the cap. Run away.

IMHO, those should be classified as some type of explosive device. They're dangerous, plain and simple. When I was 12, I made one in a 2-liter bottle that exploded with the sound of a true bomb. The side blew out as if a mine had struck the side of a ship and definitely sent some shrapnel flying. The gases don't have to be hot in order to be destructive. Trap enough gas in a confined space, and once the container in which it is trapped begins to fail, a tremendous amount of force is exerted on the weakest point. Put some intended shrapnel inside and it could be highly damaging at short range. Hold one while it blows, and you could very well lose the hand or worse.

no its not, why would it be it encourages you to drink your soda instead of letting it sit forever, man I wish i could be forced to chug a 30 liter soda in less than 17 minues, man would I have to pee as soon as I got in the pool though,

BTW: I dont think this is even an officail press release from CocaCola, it is just a hoax

Just to make sure everyone's aware, The Onion is a fake news site. Everything there is a joke. Most of it's pretty funny, too. :lol:

Side note: I was listening to a radio talk show last night that's known for presenting jokes in a serious way. If you're a first time listener, you'd be likely to think that they were being serious most of the time. Last night, they had set up a call from Governor Schwarzenegger... When he came on, I listened very closely and the guy they had doing his voice was PERFECT. I actually thought it was him until he said a few things that a Governor with Presidential aspirations wouldn't say. Every caller, I mean EVERY caller they took thought he was for real, despite the occasional (very low key) announcements that it wasn't really the governor.

Moral of the story: Take everything you read/see/hear with a grain of salt. :lol:

This is an early April fool joke...right? :D:lol:

Just to make sure everyone's aware, The Onion is a fake news site. Everything there is a joke. Most of it's pretty funny, too. :blink:

Side note: I was listening to a radio talk show last night that's known for presenting jokes in a serious way. If you're a first time listener, you'd be likely to think that they were being serious most of the time. Last night, they had set up a call from Governor Schwarzenegger... When he came on, I listened very closely and the guy they had doing his voice was PERFECT. I actually thought it was him until he said a few things that a Governor with Presidential aspirations wouldn't say. Every caller, I mean EVERY caller they took thought he was for real, despite the occasional (very low key) announcements that it wasn't really the governor.

Moral of the story: Take everything you read/see/hear with a grain of salt. :lol:

Does this mean that people aren't really coating the buttons on public payphones with LSD? Man, all those wasted minutes off my calling cards........ :lol:

:lol:

I must be doing something wrong. The bowl has been in the freezer for a week now and nothing. I have tried it three times now and just can't seem to get it figured out... :lol::lol::blink::lol::lol::D

I wonder if your freezer is broken. I baked a cake the other day and then put it in the freezer and after 4-5 hours there wasn't even the littlest bit of frosting on it. I bought a new freezer but I havn't had a chance to bake another cake yet. :D

:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love it.

On a more serious note. I don't think we should be teaching anyone anywhere how to make a bomb, no matter how "harmless" it seems. It's not harmless.

Also, I used to work with liquid nitrogen and when I was training "newbies" I would show them how seriously cold it was by taking a latex glove, dipping it in the LN2, and smacking it on the counter, where it would shatter. Don't play with LN2 either.

It can be dangerous if not handled correctly

Edited by Planet

I stand corrected. Apparently dry ice bombs are dangerous. I hope no one lost their fingers.

But they're still FUN! Wheeee! :D

Since we're discussing the dangers of various readily available compounds, I think it's important we all take a moment to consider the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. Alisa Viejo, California, recently debated whether to ban foam cups, since this chemical was used in their manufacture. Yes, it's THAT deadly. And this stuff is everywhere! It's even in your drinking water. :blink:

Read this and this.

a few weeks ago, I saw an online video of someone shaking a 2 liter bottle....it blew up in his hand. The explosion filled the entire screen. They didn't show the aftermath of that, but I bet that kid was missing his hand afterwards. This was probably a dry-ice bomb.

I don't know where the video is now.

John

As a note, one time I attempted this and didn't use enough dry ice. I was interested to note when I poured the water out that it had been carbonated.

This is basically the same technique that has been used for decades in people's kitchens to create soda water. The differences being that they use GLASS instead of plastic (better shrapnel that way), and they use pre-packed cartridges of carbon dioxide gas with a specific amount in them. Still, my father claims they were known to occasionally explode if the bottle been chipped or damaged.

I stand corrected. Apparently dry ice bombs are dangerous. I hope no one lost their fingers.

But they're still FUN! Wheeee! :lol:

Since we're discussing the dangers of various readily available compounds, I think it's important we all take a moment to consider the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. Alisa Viejo, California, recently debated whether to ban foam cups, since this chemical was used in their manufacture. Yes, it's THAT deadly. And this stuff is everywhere! It's even in your drinking water.  :blink:

Read this and this.

Dihydrogen monoxide is the leading cause of drowning and is the main component of acid rain. :lol: Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Sorry didn't see the links above. Guess I should get my eyes checked. :D

Edited by Cannonlaw
Also, I used to work with liquid nitrogen and when I was training "newbies" I would show them how seriously cold it was ...

I used to work with liquid nitrogen, too!

Let me reiterate the DANGER aspect of that and a 2-liter bottle of soda. Really. It can be really frikkin' powerful. No comment on the entertainment factor.

Just to make sure everyone's aware, The Onion is a fake news site. Everything there is a joke. Most of it's pretty funny, too.  :bad:

Moral of the story: Take everything you read/see/hear with a grain of salt.  ;)

Lemme guess.. The Phil Hendrie Show?

I remember the first time I heard that show and I took the bait hook line and sinker. Fortunately, I was not dumb enough to call in.. I just rolled around on the floor in convulsions of tears and laughter instead. I wish it was on the radio where I live now.. I miss it. :bad:

No, you don't wanna hold one when it goes off. Two college freshmen from a local college are in jail awaiting charges after leaving a dry ice bomb in a stairwell of their dorm. A security guard found it, picked it up thinking it was trash, and lost 3 fingers, his hearing, and the sight in his right eye (and I would guess a bladderful of waste water, as well).

Behold the mighty and awful power of the Ideal Gas Law!

I did the same thing in 2nd grade for show & tell using Baking Soda & Vinegar.

The teacher freaked demanding to know who told me how to do it. I pulled out a Mr. Wizard Science Magic book and she went intercontinental. "TELL ME THE TRUTH!" I remember her screaming, "There's no way you can read that in 2nd grade!"

I spent the rest of the day in the principal's office, all in all, good day!

:bad:

The teacher freaked demanding to know who told me how to do it. I pulled out a Mr. Wizard Science Magic book and she went intercontinental. "TELL ME THE TRUTH!" I remember her screaming, "There's no way you can read that in 2nd grade!"

stupid teacher. i was reading my brother's 7th grade books when i was in second grade. i remember reading "in cold blood', and "the boston strangler" when i was 12.

The teacher freaked demanding to know who told me how to do it.  I pulled out a Mr. Wizard Science Magic book and she went intercontinental.  "TELL ME THE TRUTH!" I remember her screaming, "There's no way you can read that in 2nd grade!"

stupid teacher. i was reading my brother's 7th grade books when i was in second grade. i remember reading "in cold blood', and "the boston strangler" when i was 12.

Yeah, but nowadays you can't even read Tom Sawyer in school because it's not politically correct. Gimme a break. ;)

EDIT: I read that book as part of class in the 3rd or 4th grade.

Edited by Sparky-Watts
Yeah, but nowadays you can't even read Tom Sawyer in school because it's not politically correct. Gimme a break. :bad:

EDIT: I read that book as part of class in the 3rd or 4th grade.

If I remember it correctly, I read it before I went to school, so censorship got in between. :bad: Not that it would have been banned anyway. Instead they had more important things to ban. ;)

Yeah, but nowadays you can't even read Tom Sawyer in school because it's not politically correct.  Gimme a break. ;)

EDIT:  I read that book as part of class in the 3rd or 4th grade.

If I remember it correctly, I read it before I went to school, so censorship got in between. :bad: Not that it would have been banned anyway. Instead they had more important things to ban. ;)

Oh, that's rich! :bad: My dad used to tease us kids when we were younger because we liked Donald and he and Porky Pig didn't wear pants.....boy, we'd get mad at him, and he'd just laugh and laugh....not because he was mean, but because he was always fun that way.....dang, I miss him! ;)

Just to make sure everyone's aware, The Onion is a fake news site. Everything there is a joke. Most of it's pretty funny, too.  :rolleyes:

Moral of the story: Take everything you read/see/hear with a grain of salt.  <_<

Lemme guess.. The Phil Hendrie Show?

I remember the first time I heard that show and I took the bait hook line and sinker. Fortunately, I was not dumb enough to call in.. I just rolled around on the floor in convulsions of tears and laughter instead. I wish it was on the radio where I live now.. I miss it. :lol:

Nah, it was the Conway and Steckler show on KLSX in Los Angeles. I don't normally listen to them unless I'm in my car between 8-11pm and I happened to be listening to Tom Leykis on the way home from work that day.