Top Ten List

KBI

Top Ten signs you’ve been doing a little too much Geocaching:

10. You’ve had more “conversations” on your Garmin than on your REAL cell phone.

9. Your wedding invitation features a Difficulty / Terrain rating.

8. You realize you can read the hints without clicking “Decrypt.”

7. You get distracted watching movies because you keep scanning the background scenery, thinking, “That’d be a GREAT place for a micro!”

6. It takes the meter man an hour and a half to find your water meter.

5. Everyone else puts a quarter in the coffee fund jar in the office break room. You TAKE a quarter, leave a Travel Bug, and cover the jar with pine straw.

4. Someone stops you on the street to ask directions to the post office, and all you know is the coordinates.

3. Your tax return includes a $700.00 deduction for “AA Batteries”.

2. You drag your old junk washing machine into the woods, put a logbook in it, and post the coords so the National Park Service will haul it off.

And, the NUMBER ONE sign that you’ve been doing a little too much Geocaching:

1. Your mama named you “CCCooperAgency”.

Edited by KBI

I opened this topic expecting to yawn at yet another top ten list, since many have been published in the past. But dadgum, these were funny! KBI, you should post more, we can use your sense of humor in the forums.

By the way, to your item #7, I have three micros placed in locations that WERE in the background of movies. The Elves are Inclined to be Evil features the same inclined rail car that Jennifer Beals rides up and down while commuting to work at the steel mill in "Flashdance." In "Striking Distance," Bruce Willis drives his river police patrol speedboat to its boathouse dock across the Allegheny River from Elves on the Riverfront. And, The Elves Cache Quickly in Sewickley is at the main intersection of downtown Sewickley, which served as the setting for Sinbad's comedy, "Houseguest."

9.  Your wedding invitation features a Difficulty / Terrain rating.

Hmm...

Cool idea! :lol:

I'm getting married outdoors Saturday; maybe I should create a virtual & give it a rating! It would be my first hide...

I don't think my bride would see the humor, though!

:)

"Bassmedic"

Local Team put a cache on the site of their wedding for their 1 year anniversary. Actually I think the cache was the wife's anniversary present to hubby, who is pretty prolific here. Draegon's Wedding Cache

This is the closest unfound cache for me. Just can't seem to get the timing right. :):lol:

I'm getting married outdoors Saturday; maybe I should create a virtual & give it a rating! It would be my first hide...

Yeah, I'd be pretty mad too if someone made a lame virt out of me.

My ex-wife believed in multicaching. That's one of the reasons she's my EX-wife. Or maybe she is better categorized as a moving cache, or a locationless, because she could be logged anywhere.

I'm getting married outdoors Saturday; maybe I should create a virtual & give it a rating!  It would be my first hide...

My ex-wife believed in multicaching. That's one of the reasons she's my EX-wife. Or maybe she is better categorized as a moving cache, or a locationless, because she could be logged anywhere.

I...I.....OMG!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:):lol::lol::):lol:

Sparky, you are a funny guy. The funny thing is ive been gone two weeks on business and ive made 30k. You're still unemployed. GET A JOB. The stress must be killing you. Or at least donate your time to a soup kitchen or something. Isnt this meant for Geogcaching or is this your own personal chat room. Get a life. You have only been a member for six months. Get serious. X out of this and go to monster.com. We'll all be the better for it

Sparky, you are a funny guy. The funny thing is ive been gone two weeks on business and ive made 30k. You're still unemployed. GET A JOB. The stress must be killing you. Or at least donate your time to a soup kitchen or something. Isnt this meant for Geogcaching or is this your own personal chat room. Get a life. You have only been a member for six months. Get serious. X out of this and go to monster.com. We'll all be the better for it

No one is poorer than the one who measures his wealth by the amount of money he has. Buh-bye!

Why does my post say ringbone? :):):lol::):(;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: My nickname (other than Sparky) when I was a paramedic was S**tmagnet, because all the worst life had to offer was attracted to me....first, Pilty, now ringbone....boy, I'm having some kind of day! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Sparky-Watts

I would ask you to read the forum guidelines. Personal attacks like this are not acceptable. This *was* a funny topic. It would be nice if it would stay that way.

I'm getting married outdoors Saturday; maybe I should create a virtual & give it a rating!  It would be my first hide...

I would have found her new caching partner and temporarily disabled his cache! :)

I would have found her new caching partner and temporarily disabled his cache! :lol:

Oh, you guys are killing me!!! Dang, if I only had a job and a life, I'd be missing all of this fun!!!! More fun than money can buy, lemme tell ya!!!! :lol::lol::):lol::lol:

Someone doesn't realize I've got 5 accounts on Monster.com...heheheheheheheheheheheh!! :)

Top Ten signs you’ve been doing a little too much Geocaching:

9.  Your wedding invitation features a Difficulty / Terrain rating.

Ummm, we DID send out a wedding invite to some fellow cachers that had coordinates to the reception. :)

That is hysterical...what a neat idea...send out invitations with coordinates, and let the location of the wedding be a surprise !

I know I've been caching too much because:

I made Ann (better half) read this post this morning over coffee. She actually made coffee come out of her NOSE! I didn't think she knew about what went on in the forums! She was actually laughing. (I did have to explain who CCCooperagency was but when I used the term 'totally obsessed' she understood).

She has had a good start to Friday and her grade 5 class (which starts in an hour) will probably appreciate the teachers improved attitude towards sillyness because of this thread.

Everyone needs to laughh!!!!

Dave

:bad:

I made Ann (better half) read this post this morning over coffee. She actually made coffee come out of her NOSE!

This morning, somewhere in the world, I was able to cause coffee to come through some woman's nose. Is this a great hobby, or what? :bad:

I made Ann (better half) read this post this morning over coffee.  She actually made coffee come out of her NOSE!

This morning, somewhere in the world, I was able to cause coffee to come through some woman's nose. Is this a great hobby, or what? ;)

So few of us will ever be able to utter those words......I bow to your greatness! :bad:

KBI, you should post more, we can use your sense of humor in the forums.

You *had* to go and encourage him. :laughing:

In hindsight, this earns you a 24-hour suspension from posting in the forums. Please be more judicious in the future.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oooh. oh. That was good.

Remember when you gave Lep a 24 hour suspension just now? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It was still funny.

You *had* to go and encourage him. :ph34r:

In hindsight, this earns you a 24-hour suspension from posting in the forums. Please be more judicious in the future.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oooh. oh. That was good.

Remember when you gave Lep a 24 hour suspension just now? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It was still funny.

Actually it's funny (and kind of historic in a bizarre way) because it was posted a day or two off of the famous "Ringbone incident", and represents the last time Ringbone was ever heard from.

You *had* to go and encourage him. :P

That’s funny. "Moderator’s Remorse." :P

Darn those obscure comedians when they eventually get all uppity with their wacky contrarian opinions … :rolleyes:

(I just noticed this post today. Missed it somehow in April. Discovered it as I was browsing through the legendary Ringbone debacle. How did I ever miss it ... a post to my own thread? My recent attempts to spend less time in the Forums may actually be succeeding.)

Why does my post say "Leprechauns?"

:P:(;)

Top ten signs you’ve been moderating too long:

10: You finally get around to slapping your own wrist. :D

Thanks for the laugh, Keystone. That was a good one. B)

2. You drag your old junk washing machine into the woods, put a logbook in it, and post the coords so the National Park Service will haul it off.

He he, na, that won't work! :anicute:

Trust me. :unsure:

Attache a travel bug tag to it..... It will never be seen again! :anibad:

Or glue a geocoin to it. :anicute: