Watchlist Problem

res2100

A cache I was watching has been archived, so I decided to remove it from my Watchlist. I went to the cache page and clicke don the "watch this cache" link (This was always confusing since it never indicatedif you were actually watching the cache or not) to remove the cache. It then jumped to the watchlist page, as it always does, but this time I got the following error:

You have reached your maximum number (50) of caches to watch.

I looked down at the list of caches I was watching and it is still listed as being watched (It used to remove it in the past). Also, I found it strange that it now says the maximum # of caches that one can watch is only 50...it used to be 100 and I still have 90+ in my watch list, so something just doesn't feel right here. Why the change from 100 to 50? Is this another way to "encourage" people to become premium members?

So to get rid of the cache from my watchlist, I scanned down the list and hit "remove". I notice it now prompts with a question for you to confirm to remove it, but at first it was not obvious that it was prompting and hence confusing. I think the prompting is good, but as mentioned it the prompting is just not obvious. When prompting, I don't think it should list all of the watched caches below it and perhaps change the confirmation question to red text to make it stand out more. But I guess the problem was that i was not expecting it to prompt me since it never did in the past.

...keep up the good work with the enhancements...they are coming along very nicely and just take some getting used to.

Edited by res2100
You have reached your maximum number (50) of caches to watch.

I found it strange that it now says the maximum # of caches that one can watch is only 50. Why the change from 100 to 50?

Was there a reply to this change elsewhere? I missed any notification. :(

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=67698

When moving to the new codebase, I failed to check on the previous exact watchlist limit for non-premium members, and assumed it was 50, so coded that in that way when updating the new watchlist page. As I personally have maybe 10 or so on my own list I guess I just assumed that 50 was an incredibly large number for most people to watch. Considering the volume of emails that 50 caches could potentially create, someone would really have to be into geocaching and, reasonably, would be interested in supporting the web site. Ergo, the shift from the apparent previous limit 100 to 50.
Yes, I'll be switching it back to 100 items once I apply another patch to the web site. Probably sometime mid week. So don't go creating myname2 and myname3 to get around the limitation.

Edited by Stunod