2610/2620/street Pilot With Handheld ... Double Up

For those running two GPS's one larger unit like a 2610, 2620 or Street Pilot AND a handheld GPS (etrex, 76, ...) for use in hiking, biking, geocaching. How much of a hassle is it to have to load and synch geocaching data to two units so you can drive to cache with one and hike/find the cache with the other? :)

I am thinking of going the 2610 route and rebuying a 76s (used, :) sold it to my brother... Oh brother!)

Thanks.

Edited by Us 5 Camp

I am using two now, I have my Magellan Meridian Gold on the dash of my truck and I use a color track after I get to the cache area. For me it's not a deal to load the waypoints. I just load them from my computer after I get my Pocket Quaries in the morning. It takes maybe 3 minutes to load up both the Meridian and my Sport track.

For those running two GPS's one larger unit like a 2610, 2620 or Street Pilot AND a handheld GPS (etrex, 76, ...) for use in hiking, biking, geocaching. How much of a hassle is it to have to load and synch geocaching data to two units so you can drive to cache with one and hike/find the cache with the other? :)

I am thinking of going the 2610 route and rebuying a 76s (used, :) sold it to my brother... Oh brother!)

Thanks.

I think where you might find it a bit cumbersome is if the two units had different type connectors on the data cables. You would have to obviously switch cables to accomodate. Check the specs for each model and see which, if any, are compatible. You may find the GPS V is the same as the 2610. I know their external antenna connectors are.

Other than that you are only talking an extra minute or two to load-up 2 units.

Cheers, Olar