Caching In Tokyo

Fish

How long before you go? We're launching our first TB soon and Japan may be an interesting goal for it (ie up to you in Canada, then over to Japan). Just a thought.

I'll be leaving in mid june and should be there sometime in July.

Hi, my name is matz living in tokyo/japan (japanese).

Please inform your plan to come to tokyo as soon as you fix.

I know some geo-casher who living in tokyo. I will tell them about this.

Of course I want join you, but now I have a plan to go Calgary(AB) from 5-13 June to meet my wife. I hope the day is not overlap each other.

matz

Greetings all... Well, my trip to the Far East has been cancelled due to what looks like a Broken Ankle while my ship was enroute to Pearl Harbour... :laughing: Matz, I was really looking forward to meeting you and other cachers... I have sent you an email with an idea, I hope everyone has a good summer and happy caching...

Hi fish, I know e-mail from you but I have no word to tell you....

It is pity that you can not come to Japan.

I infrom your accident to geocacher in japan.

We just hope that please take care of your self and get well !!!!!

We can meet you any time on the web or someday on face to face.

And thank you your idea! We think about it, so plese wait for few days to reply it.

GET WELL!!!!

matz

I just returned to California after a very nice business trip to Tokyo. This was my first trip to Japan. While there I was lucky enough to go caching several times. Because of jet lag I would wake up early in the morning (0600), then go caching, then return to my hotel to get ready for my meetings.

Several times I would take the subway from my Akasaka area hotel to find caches. I found ODAIBA, Magneto and Four Valleys, and couldn't find "A strange building near Asakusa".

I want to say "Thank you" to the cachers who are responsible for these caches. They were all in very nice places, and they are all in places that I would not have visited if the cache wasn't there. Geocaching is a great way to see a new city!

I want to say "Thank you" to the cachers who are responsible for these caches.  They were all in very nice places, and they are all in places that I would not have visited if the cache wasn't there.  Geocaching is a great way to see a new city!

I just got back from Tokyo and if knew that, I would have brought my GPS to hunt down those caches. I will be back in February so I am taking notes!

Thanks SammyDee!

Greetings Tokyo cachers,

It looks like once again my ship is going to Japan this summer. This time I'll wrap my ankle with bubble wrap :) , and I have a couple of other cachers on the ship!!! As timings get more concrete I'll be letting everyone know. We should try to plan an event.

anyone interested please email me.

Fish

Hey everyone!

I am in Japan on business and have been here two weeks and cannot get my GPS to pick up satellites. I would love to meet some other cahers in the area and either chat or go caching. I know it is short notice, and I leave Sunday morning, but if that works with you... email me! I am staying around Shiodome and working around Tamachi, but very comfortable getting around on the metro. Let me know if you are interested!

Annie

Hey everyone!

I am in Japan on business and have been here two weeks and cannot get my GPS to pick up satellites. I would love to meet some other cahers in the area and either chat or go caching. I know it is short notice, and I leave Sunday morning, but if that works with you... email me! I am staying around Shiodome and working around Tamachi, but very comfortable getting around on the metro. Let me know if you are interested!

Annie

Annie,

If you don't mind the transportation expense, I recommend heading to Odaiba, which is across the Bay. You can take the Yurikamome (elevated driver-less train/people mover) which has a stop in Shiodome.

There's enough open area there that you can let your GPS adjust to the current time zone and get lock while you enjoy the sea breeze (It can take up to 15 minutes). Oh, and there's a cache there: GCJJ8F, ODAIBA

You can combine a mandatory tourist stop by taking the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line to here: GCJAWG, A strange building near Asakusa

I'm in California, so I won't be able to join you.

Darn it! i'm only arriving in Japan on saturday evening (from UK) and have to go on a trip with parents on sunday for few days :laughing: sorry I won't be able to meet another geocacher in Japan.

BTW i recommend going on a ride on the yurikagome, it takes you through the new and exciting areas of tokyo around the bay :laughing:

hope you enjoy your stay in Tokyo.

Japanese geocacher "kussy" will come to Tokyo from Osaka tomorrow. He saids that "I will have supper at IZAKAYA that is located near Shibuya-Station(JR line) and if someone interest to join me, please feel free to come." on Japanese geocacher's BBS. http://etrexer.web.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/gcbbs.cgi

When : 12 Aug (tomorrow) 18:00(6:00PM)-

Where : bar style "IZAKAYA SEN" http://izakayasen.cool.ne.jp/ (japanese)

Only 5-7 minutes walk from Shibuya Station Hachiko-Exit.

N 35°39.617' E 139°42.155'

You'll see big red lantern at the front of the bar.

He'll put geocaching.com's hat on his table, so you will not miss him. :D

If you need English map to the "IZAKAYA SEN". I'll make and send you. I want to participate in this small event as much as possible.

matz Tokyo/Japan