Is My Birthday Present Any Good?

skygirl

Happy B-day.  Today is mine!!! :rolleyes:  My wife let me buy myself a Vista for my birthdayand she gets to inherit my Legend.  Wait a minute who's getting the better deal? :ph34r:

Mine is Sunday (3/28) and my 60CS finally arrived! Enjoy the Vista, though... I've been using a Legend and like it a lot.

Edited by mrkablooey
My husband bought me a Garmin eTrex Vista for my birthday. Is this thing any good for geocaching? (Duh, I'm new to this.)

That unit totally stinks for geocaching! You need to box it up and mail it to me quick before it explodes and someone gets hurt!!!

Mailing addy is.....

HEHEHEHEHE, very nice unit, you will enjoy.

Nick T

Well, the thing must work, as I found my first three caches today.

I think this is fun! My husband does not. My dog definitely approves. Already have some good ideas for hiding caches.

Hubby is going along so I don't do this alone, but I might do some solo cache hunting in public parks and such. Otherwise, he can just come along and be a poop.

Flying to Texas tomorrow, gonna check out some caches near Lake Dallas, Texas.

I think my hunny wishes he got me the 40G iPod instead...

I have a vista and love it{wife bought it for me too ..for xmas]

Now go out and buy her something nice like Mapsource.

OBG

Just added MapSource today.

Bad news: Sports Authority sold me a verson that was FOUR years old!

Good news: Called Garmin, they are sending me a NEW version! Yay!

The Vista is a fantastic unit. Your husband must really love you  :rolleyes:.  Heck I only got my wife a Gecko 201 for Valentines Day.

I bought my Geko 201 real cheap from a lady who's husband bought it for her instead of jewelry on Valentines Day .

Edited by greengecko
The Vista is a fantastic unit. Your husband must really love you  :lol:.  Heck I only got my wife a Gecko 201 for Valentines Day.

I bought my Geko 201 real cheap from a lady who's husband bought it for her instead of jewelry on Valentines Day .

Reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball with his name on it. :rolleyes:

Already have some good ideas for hiding caches.

Let me offer a friendly suggestion on cache hiding. The first thing new cachers want to do after finding their first few caches is to hide one of their own. Putting out your first cache can be exciting but, unless you are in a cache poor area, I'd suggest getting a few more caches in your find column before placing any. That gives you a good idea of what works and what doesn't in your area.

Hubby is going along so I don't do this alone, but I might do some solo cache hunting in public parks and such.

Get involved with your local forum, go to the next event cache and meet up with some other cachers. You may get lucky and find someone in your area that is also looking for a caching partner. Solo caching is better than not caching at all, but it is so much more fun with someone who shares your obsession.