Vista Or 60cs

The 60C/S also has 56MB of mapping memory - double that of the Vista. If you ever wish you had more memory, then the 60 series is a good choice.

It also has a USB interface! I'm guessing that 21MB of map data takes about an hour to load into the Vista. The 60 takes about 3 MINUTES to load 56MB!

AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING AUTOROUTING

Special Geocaching mode (just a little icing on the cake)

Able to load tide chart data

...and the color really is nice :rolleyes:

Edited by Neo_Geo

I have a Vista, and a Legend, and now (as of couple of hours ago) the 60CS.

I am enjoying the 60CS very much so far. The screen is a little wider than the Etrex series, but the color rocks.

The Vista is going to stay in the family. I think it is an excellent unit with many good features. Adequate memory capacity, barometer, electronic compass.

The Legend will be passed down to a friend of mine who is just getting into the game. Will be making him a sweet deal.

In summary, the Vista would be a good choice if color is not that important to you. The 60CS is awesome, been playing with it for the last couple of hours. Tons of features. It even does a good job of picking up the sats from inside the office here. I am like a proud father today.

JayBee

I have a V and the Autorouting is soooooooooo slow on it. The V and the Legend served me well for years. The 60cs is like the V on adrenaline rush!

-Fast autorouting

-color

-more memory (although 100+ would have been nice)

-Quad Helix antenna (pulls better than the V, definitely better then the eTrex series)

-more features (like geocache mode, waterproof, etc)

Antenna rocks vs the eTrex.

Don't forget the 60CS has about double the battery life of the Vista.

There are some nice bells & whistles with the 60CS (games, geocache mod, enhanced elevation graph, waypoint averaging, ect.), but you just can't beat the color screen. You can now tell if the wiggly line on the screen is a road or a stream (makes a big difference when hiking).

The USB 2.0 connection is super fast for downloading maps. I travel a lot, and it was usually a 20 min wait to download new maps to the Vista. Now, it takes less than a minute.

I have a Vista, and I'm keeping it so hiking partners can share the fun, but I love the 60CS.

If money is no problem here is my answer.

You can sale the Vista here in the Garage sale fourm and upgrade at any time to the 60CS. People are chompin at the bits for a Vista all the time in the Garage sale fourms. I love my 60CS and it is a whole lot better unit than the Vista. But I would not say the 60CS is light years ahead of the Vista.

CompareGPS.JPG