A New Style Cito Event

TeamSpaz

Does anyone else out there have new ideas on what an acceptable CITO event should be? I am looking for things other than the traditional "Let's all meet here and pickup trash on this day."

Just a though, but since a CITO is a community service project. The traditional way of doing it may well be the best. If you want new and exciting projects try a puzzle cache or a involved multi. The CITO really isn't about new and different ways to do something. Its about help and support for the community.

"It ain't broke, why fix it?"

Does anyone else out there have new ideas on what an acceptable CITO event should be? I am looking for things other than the traditional "Let's all meet here and pickup trash on this day."

Well, the only thing I could add (which ain't much) is make a fun event of it - a contest. Set-up two teams of cachers, and keep separate piles of trash. Whichever team gets the most trash by weight or volume or bags (whatever seems fair) the winning team each gets a prize of some kind. Or maybe the losing team has to serve the winning team dinner? Dunno.

Does anyone else out there have new ideas on what an acceptable CITO event should be?  I am looking for things other than the traditional "Let's all meet here and pickup trash on this day."

Just a though, but since a CITO is a community service project. The traditional way of doing it may well be the best. If you want new and exciting projects try a puzzle cache or a involved multi. The CITO really isn't about new and different ways to do something. Its about help and support for the community.

"It ain't broke, why fix it?"

That seems a little regressive. Variety and/or improvement is hardly a bad thing.

One of our GEOSET members suggested an idea that we might start trying. Everyone talks about CITO, but too few actually practice it while out caching. The proof is in the trash around my cache sites that never gets packed out.

The idea is to list a CITO event at a particular cache site that has an unusual amount of trash around it. The event would not be a single day event, rather it would last 2 or more weeks. People could then come at their own leisure, and to log the event would have to post a picture of themselves at the location with at least one bag of trash that they are hauling off.

What does everyone think about this idea?

Hi everyone, i'm new here and am this close "---" to having no idea what you're talking about. but what i've read in this thread so far is ingenius.

if by all this you mean we all get together and go geocaching and in the meantime pick up as much trash as possible...i think thats a great idea and the gang and i would be more than willing to join in and help out!!

i think the contest idea posted above is a great idea as well, it will help to motivate, and it sure does take a bit of motivation (either that or dedication) to be out in this heat picking up trash!!! so put me on the list! (if there is a list) and i'll check back soon! ;)