My First Find

Ken in Batesville

Hello Everyone. I finally bought a GPS last Friday. After figuring out how to use some of the features my wife and I decided to try our hand at geocaching. I put in our zip code and low and behold there is a cache a couple of miles away. This felt like cheating a little though since we new about Lyon College and had been to see the log house before. Even though we had been there before, it still took about 20 minutes to find the ammo box. I wanted to log in my first find on geocaching.com. How do I log in my first geocash find? Where?

TIA,

Ken Vonk

Hello Everyone. I finally bought a GPS last Friday. After figuring out how to use some of the features my wife and I decided to try our hand at geocaching. I put in our zip code and low and behold there is a cache a couple of miles away. This felt like cheating a little though since we new about Lyon College and had been to see the log house before. Even though we had been there before, it still took about 20 minutes to find the ammo box. I wanted to log in my first find on geocaching.com. How do I log in my first geocash find? Where?

TIA,

Ken Vonk

This may sound mean but I'm glad it took you 20 minutes to find the cache. That way it didn't feel so much like cheating and you realize that "knowing" where you are going is often not enough to actually find the cache. There are some great hides out there and I think you are going to love this hobby. Congrats on your fist step.

Yes, I finally found where to log the find. I was looking on the page titled "my cache page". It took me hours to discover that I needed to be on the page that tells about the particular cache that I found. I guess I need a web site GPS to point the way :)

Well, congrats!!!! Hope you enjoy the new addiction!!! :)

Congratulations on your find! I bought a GPS 2 days ago and went out on my lunch break today to one that was a couple of blocks from work. Took a little bit of looking but I found it. It was my first find and it was so cool!

I have the next 4 days off so I want to go out more this weekend.

J

Edited by persiangeek
Congratulations on your find! I bought a GPS 2 days ago and went out on my lunch break today to one that was a couple of blocks from work. Took a little bit of looking but I found it. It was my first find and it was so cool!

I have the next 4 days off so I want to go out more this weekend.

J

Excellent!!!! Another person drawn into the addiction!!!

Good luck, and Happy Geocaching!!!!! :D