Okay, I Finally Did It!

After 7,000 plus posts, 148 pages and over 36,000 views I decided to take a peek at the Abject Silliness thread. It's going to take me a long time to catch up, but I did notice a lot of Norms there. I hate to burst all of your bubbles, but in the original Cheers Gang private forum (back when we could do that) I was Norm. So all you pseudo Norms can get lost. At least I think I was Norm, but I could have been "coach". Hmmm, maybe I spent too much time at Cheers.

Anyway, to get this back to a topic that won't be locked in 30 secs for being OT, what subjects here will draw your interest and what subjects will you ignore?

Edited by briansnat
I rarely read the threads that seem to technical for me to read, I usually go for the ones that look interesting or funny or have been recomended by friends in abject sillinses...

Oh and by the way, congratulations on overcoming your fear of the AS forum...

he didn't, he only peeked, he never posted but we may be on the verge of a break through

I try each time I go to the forums to see what is new that I can actually participate and still be on topic. I will check "Getting Started", "Geocaching Topics", "Geocaching.com Web Site", "The Hunt the Unusual" and sometimes the TB page. Within each of those I will usually lurk and see what is new with at times a reply of something helpful. Much of the time I am just reading and learning from others and have thus made a list of names of those who I take serious and those I do not.

What I ingnore mostly is certain users who will remain nameless. I am sure they are the ones that many ignore. Then there are those that have something good to say that I read faithfully such as yours. Others I read equally, but for the entertainment value.

I am babbling now but think I stated my forum methods. :blink::D

EDIT: forgot to address Abject Silliness. I have been there alot of late. Great entertainment and place to waste time.

Edited by Cache Viking
I hate to burst all of your bubbles, but in the original Cheers Gang private forum (back when we could do that) I was Norm. So all you pseudo Norms can get lost. At least I think I was Norm, but I could have been "coach". Hmmm, maybe I spent too much time at Cheers.

Anyway, to get this back to a topic that won't be locked in 30 secs for being OT, what subjects here will draw your interest and what subjects will you ignore?

are you sure they didn't just cast someone else in the part of norm? :blink:

what subjects here will draw your interest and what subjects will you ignore?

I'll ignore anything that has to do with the GPS itself and the gadgetry involved in it. I tend to start skimming through threads that are long and have long responses despite the fact that it was fresh and exciting when I started reading and probably is still fresh (and maybe even more exciting) at the present moment. I lose interest in the threads where every response seems to have 10 posts quoted despite the fact that it makes an interesting geometric shape. Too confusing. I also kind of lose interest in threads which have responses that include every action that people do (ie: I'm gonna go take out the trash now).

I enjoy...well, I dunno. I really do enjoy more types of threads than those I don't enjoy, I just can't really name the ones that I do enjoy.

Edited by wray_clan
After 7,000 plus posts, 148 pages and over 36,000 views I decided to take a peek at the Abject Silliness thread. It's going to take me a long time to catch up, but I did notice a lot of Norms there.  I hate to burst all of your bubbles, but in the original Cheers Gang private forum (back when we could do that) I was Norm.  So all you pseudo Norms can get lost. At least I think I was Norm, but I could have been "coach".  Hmmm, maybe I spent too much time at Cheers.

Could you repeat that I didn't read what you said?

After 7,000 plus posts, 148 pages and over 36,000 views I decided to take a peek at the Abject Silliness thread. It's going to take me a long time to catch up, but I did notice a lot of Norms there.  I hate to burst all of your bubbles, but in the original Cheers Gang private forum (back when we could do that) I was Norm.  So all you pseudo Norms can get lost. At least I think I was Norm, but I could have been "coach".  Hmmm, maybe I spent too much time at Cheers.

he said he looked at the Abject Siliness thread, somthing he has never done...the stuff about NORMS really isn't important

he said he looked at the Abject Siliness thread, somthing he has never done...the stuff about NORMS really isn't important

Could you repeat that? I didn't hear what you wrote?

I ignore AS most of the time. But I have posted there 22 times. Usually, when something in the forums tests my tolerance level, I go there to be abjectly silly. It's a way of venting without hurting feelings, getting warned or appearing too idiotic myself.

You still have to watch what you say (people have been warned for their AS antics).

The thread serves a purpose. :D:wub:

You've started a thread about which threads you've read in the forums...

This has to be the saddest thing I've ever heard of. I didn't believe it was true but here it is!

Brian, get up from the computer and go outside and find a cache.

Then keep it to yourself.

I dare you.

Anything I think may be fun will get a lot of attention and usually more than my share of replies. (cough cough, abject silliness). I mostly ignore, unless I have a smart a## comment to make, the highly debatted threads. (The virtual, digging, tread lightly, crappy trade, stole my micro) The there is what I like to call the Jacka## threads. Started by bluthering fools. Mostly I attempt to ignore these moronic rants of self indulgence. Sometime I can't just help it and I have to open a big can of smarta## on someone.

Wow, thats a lot of a## for one post, I must be done.

Anything I think may be fun will get a lot of attention and usually more than my share of replies. (cough cough, abject silliness). I mostly ignore, unless I have a smart a## comment to make, the highly debatted threads. (The virtual, digging, tread lightly, crappy trade, stole my micro) The there is what I like to call the Jacka## threads. Started by bluthering fools. Mostly I attempt to ignore these moronic rants of self indulgence. Sometime I can't just help it and I have to open a big can of smarta## on someone.

Wow, thats a lot of a## for one post, I must be done.

you are supposed to use $ not # in that word in place of the S

After 7,000 plus posts, 148 pages and over 36,000 views I decided to take a peek at the Abject Silliness thread. It's going to take me a long time to catch up, but I did notice a lot of Norms there. I hate to burst all of your bubbles, but in the original Cheers Gang private forum (back when we could do that) I was Norm. So all you pseudo Norms can get lost. At least I think I was Norm, but I could have been "coach". Hmmm, maybe I spent too much time at Cheers.

I still have not looked at the abject silliness thread!

This has to be the saddest thing I've ever heard of. I didn't believe it was true but here it is!

I dare you.

:P

Edited by briansnat

I dare you.

:P

Why, I do believe enfanta has just removed a glove and hit thee upon the cheek with it!

Of course, now enfanta resembles Michael Jackson with only one glove, so I dunno if you should be a-feared or greatly a-feared. Hmmmm...

EnfantA is a young lady cacher. I think her point is that there is ONE abject silliness thread...why start a sequel?

Since this had fallen off the page and was about to disappear into the trash heap of inconsequental threads, what was her point in resurrecting it, besides to take a snide jab me?

Edited by briansnat