Feedback on "Cache Kit"

Guest jeremy

Guest CapnGadget

Hmmmmm the box looks great...the pen and log-book are great (sound like there's a "but" coming?)

But folks should bear in mind thats 30$ Canadian for ONE cache...if you like to hide alot of em its gonna cost ya! ;-) .

(I made my own stickers btw and t-shirt tranfers for my own personal use...would love to use the camo tiger stripe for the same purpose)

Guest Baudzilla

CapnGadget,

If you're interested, I could post the link to the .tif file, or I can export it to the file type of your choice...

happy caching,

-Phil

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by Baudzilla:

If you're interested, I could post the link to the .tif file, or I can export it to the file type of your choice...

I for one would appreciate a link to the .tif file -- the image looks great!

------------------

Jon (Moun10Bike)

27H/77F/3C/2S/2X

N 47° 36.649', W 122° 3.616'

www.switchbacks.com/geocaching.html

Guest Baudzilla

I'm flattered... thanks... icon_redface.gif

If anyone wants the tigerstripe file, it's at:

http://www.claas.org/stuff/index.html

It should be up in the next 24 hours when I get a chance to FTP it.

Enjoy!

P.S.

Jeremy, if you object to the distribution of a modified logo, please let me know and I will remove the link and files immediately- I certainly do not mean to tread on any trademarks. icon_smile.gif

thanks,

-Phil

Guest Baudzilla

I'm flattered... thanks... icon_redface.gif

If anyone wants the tigerstripe file, it's at:

http://www.claas.org/stuff/index.html

It should be up in the next 24 hours when I get a chance to FTP it.

Enjoy!

P.S.

Jeremy, if you object to the distribution of a modified logo, please let me know and I will remove the link and files immediately- I certainly do not mean to tread on any trademarks. icon_smile.gif

thanks,

-Phil

Guest jeremy

quote:

It's really cool! Feel free to use it - just use it for your own personal use. I want to be open with it but I lose rights if folks start doing whatever they want with my logo.

Jeremy

Guest jeremy

quote:

It's really cool! Feel free to use it - just use it for your own personal use. I want to be open with it but I lose rights if folks start doing whatever they want with my logo.

Jeremy

Guest Stryder

Jeremy,

The Cache Kit is cool, but I agree, the price is a little more than I would pay for an everyday cache. However... If you were

to print stickers, decals/stencils, and window clingy-things I think more people would buy them. I know that if I had an opportunity to put an "official geocaching.com"

logo on my caches, I would want to do it.

Of course you should protect yourself with

small print that says that GEOCACHING.COM

is not RESPONSIBLE for contents or placement.

------------------

May your wheels always be true

Guest Cool Breeze

I think the box and logbook are a bit pricy... but I love the stickers... I would buy a bunch.

How about pencils with the logo and URL on them? They would be very inexpensive and would make great cache items. I would buy a bunch for people to take with them when they find a cache.

-Breeze

-Breeze

Guest geckoguy

I like the container but it is a bit pricey. I am very wary of putting money or effort into a cache...especially now that my first ammo can was stolen just a couple of weeks after I placed it, and believe me it was hidden very well! I can get them for $8 but the time I spent spray painting and stenciling it was what made it hurt the most! I would be more interested in buying a sticker for my own tupperware container. That's where the REAL money is, Jeremy!

Thanks again for everything,

Geckoguy

Personally, I think that the kit pricing is quite fair. Remember, the kit is being targeted at those people who may not have the time/resources to make their own containers all the time. COnsidering many people have professional jobs, and can only cache on weekends, I think it's well worth the money to just buy a kit and save the time required for buying and assembling a comparable set. Also, giving people the option to purchase a starter kit that they know will hold up in the elements might be the stimulus that some cachers need to place caches rather than seek only.

Guest badbitbucket

This is definitely a cool idea, and an option that is probably more acceptable to park and forest officials.

I think that something like this would improve the BLMs attitude along with all the environmental extremist whiners.

I expect there is certainly a market for them, but I'm with Markwell, I'd rather not look for the same identical container everytime I go out. And I'd rather come up with some odd container around the house for hiding caches, than use the same thing everyone else is.

As for the price, it's not a bad value really, but it wouldn't be worth it to me personally.

Guest PalmTroy

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy

Are you the owner of the Geocaching logo?

If you are I was going to ask you about doing embroidered jackets with the geocaching logo on the back. I do custom commercial digitizing and embroidering.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Troy

P.S. Love the Kit, Where and when can I get me some?

the site when they get home. (extra logo'd pencils in the cache would work just as good i guess)

finally...

a cheapo cache kit. tupperware type container with the logo in a single color, a mini memo book log and a geocaching "lotto" sized pencil. you can probably whip these together for about $10-12 bucks each.

------------------

"urbo"

robert ke4mcl

I like the idea of a Geo starter kit but ammo cans the same size are available in most areas for about $4.00. I would buy a starter kit if it included everything but the box and included a decal. (I might buy the box just to keep my geocache goodies in). I purchased some of the green "Official Geocache" decals off the website, so a muted color decal already exists. I definitely vote for the camo colors. If it was available in a variety of patterns that would be cool too so they can be used for bumper stickers, etc. How bout some camo geocacher t-shirts?

I also like the idea of having stencils available for purchase in various sizes for home painting.

I have dowloaded the geo principles letter (the one that tells people what geocaching is if they find the cache & includes the website) off the website, shrunk it to 1/6 size then printed six on a page. I then laminated several pages at staples. Then I cut each page into six pieces and place one in each of my caches and it only costs a buck per page (less than .20 cents per cache).

One last rambling for Jeremy. Can we get som kind of "Official Geocacher" membership card?

It may sound hokey, but for example EMS offers discount days several times a year where you get up to 20% off if you can show proof that you belong to some kind of outdoor organization. CRUSSO IMF16@AOL.COM

Guest PharoaH

quote:
Originally posted by arffer:

Also, I love the notice on the side of the container. Is that painted on, or a sticker/decale? If its a sticker/decale, PLEASE offer it seperatly also.[/b]

Oh yea, a sticker like that would be great! I'm sure there is a market for the things you have here.

Take a look below at my first attempt at using stencils to put the logo on the cache. Word of advice: Use the same brand of paint for all colors! I didn't and it all crackled. For me, the sheer fun of my home "project" is priceless.

geoammocan.jpg

[This message has been edited by PharoaH (edited 06 August 2001).]

"How about putting the "Cache in - Trash out" logo on rolls of trash bags that would fit in a cache. Serve as a reminder to the Cache hunters and good PR for the sport."

I think that is a really good idea.

Jeremy,

Maybe the best thing to do is find a supplier willing to supply ammo cans/containers to you so that you can placealink to them on your website.

That way you could get a cut, to help support the site and hopefully you and the supplier would have a lot of extra business.

Then maybe have a page on the site for products. You could definately have the bumper stickers and all the different things you would need to start a cache as well as shirts and such. You really could get a lot fo stuff done up with the logo. Maybe in the beginning you could say that you would not place an order until you had at least say 20 people wanting a shirt, that way you could check out the demand for the various products.

Thanks for all of your work Jeremy, it really shows!

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif