Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Couparangus

Any Geocaching Hams Going To Dayton?

Hi all. Just thought I'd float it out there. I haven't check for caches in the area of Hara Arena yet, but perhaps an event cache is in order?

73 de Coupar-Angus

I was there in 2002 and again in 2003. This year it's too close to a family reunion. Maybe next year.

I was going to go this year but I forgot to make reservations early enough :ph34r: . If I book now for the fours days I was planning on the cost would be about $1000,00 for hotel and air. For that muck I can take my girlfriend on a cruise. Let me think

Old radios-Cruise Old radios-Cruise Oldradios-Cruise Cruise Cruise Crusie Cruise :rolleyes:

Just thought I would bring this one to the top of the list again and see if any GeoHams will be in Dayton.

73 de Coupar-Angus

Not going this year but went last year and had posted a similiar post to see if anyone want to get together. But no one did.

However did meet another ham while caching at this cache.

Unless you have coordinates for a park out there an event cache may be difficult to do. I don't know if site would allow event cache since you have to pay to go to the hamfest. It is kinda commercial.

Have a good time. Hope the weather is good this year!

Well I survived Dayton. Didn't get any Geocaching but still managed to have a great time. I think I'll plan an event cache there next year and see who shows up. I thought I'd find a cache when we hit the Wright-Patterson AFB on the way back home, but the nearest cache was 1.5 miles away. <sigh>

I was just in dayton last weekend. the reason i went was to go work at the kenworthys pro motocross race. i also went to the usaf museum when i was there.