Gpsmap 60cs "multicolor" Option

Erskine

Has anyone figured out what this is. It is an option found on the Satellites page, but is not defined in the user manual. The choice toggles between multicolor or single color.

I have yet to see what difference it makes... it isn't as apparent as it sounds.

Isn't that a stupid option? The color option looks hundreds of time better - why would anyone want the single color look?

Does it save battery? Do color-blind people see single color better?

It must be left over from programming the 60C? B)

Pat

Funny, I much prefer the one color option. I find the multi color looks too cartoonish...

Funny, I much prefer the one color option. I find the multi color looks too cartoonish...

I like the color option because it is much easier to mach the graph to the satellite when it is color coded then to try to read the numbers in the center of each one. Now I just need to figure out why I need that information. B)

Refering to the 60CS, but off the topic started, but how much have people paid for these units? I saw on today at Sportsman Warehouse for $500. I thought the MSRP was below that.

Is this price inline? I am planning on buying one. Online B) "Brick and Morter"?

Refering to the 60CS, but off the topic started, but how much have people paid for these units? I saw on today at Sportsman Warehouse for $500. I thought the MSRP was below that.

Is this price inline? I am planning on buying one. Online  :blink:  "Brick and Morter"?

Try chartedwaters.com, I paid $414.95 for the CS plus about $10 for shipping. They have the the GPSmap 60C for $399.95.

Edited to add the price for the 60C

Edited by Rubberhead

Is this price inline? I am planning on buying one. Online :blink: "Brick and Morter"?

Picked mine up from Marine.com for $409. :D

Is this price inline? I am planning on buying one.

I paid $350 + $10 shipping for my 60C on eBay about six weeks ago.

Unfortunately, after I "paid" I never heard from the seller again after they e-mailed me that they would accept PayPal instead of cash or money order. Yes, I now know that the "cash or money order" should have been a clue that something was awry, and coupled with the seller's only 2 feedbacks should have probably really sent up a red flag. The seller's feedbacks were glowingly positive and both feedbacks were from buyers with hundreds of purchases each. One of the previous buyers had even purchased a Garmin iQue (supposedly). I now wonder if they were all part of a fraud scheme. :)

So I took a chance - but lost. After the purchase, I was contacted by a couple of other eBay buyers who I think were also taken to the cleaners by the crook(s). The seller was promptly "suspended" from eBay, but not until 2 days after I had won my auction. It was my first bad experience on eBay. I've happily purchased many items there over the last few years (and will continue to) and have saved lots of money.

Everything has since been worked out - it just took 2-3 weeks (all the time I was without my new GPSR!). PayPal was GREAT in getting credit back into my account. I don't know if they ever caught the thief or just refunded my money, but I was extremely satisfied.

The-e-n, I went back to the internet and found another place (a more reputable one this time!) with the best everyday price of $355 + $10 shipping. Their name is CompWest USA. I had great service from them, but a couple of other customers posted negative feedback on epinions.com about them.

I have now learned the wisdom in the old adage(s) "If it's too good to be true...." and "Buyer Beware". :)

Edited by bgunner01