Turning D/l'd Waypoints Into Routes

MsPriss

Hello everyone! I am new to this geocaching game. Unfortunately I don't have a geocaching mentor to assist me and have me tag along. I was introduced by accidentally coming across this web page on the internet. Now I am hooked. I have so far found 8 caches. I am using a Garmin Etrex Venture gps unit and I am having trouble d/ling full routes. I am using the Groundspeak softwear for downloading way points but I can't figure out how to put all these waypoints into one route and transfer that route only to my GPS. I've had to put the waypoints into my GPS seperately and then put them into a route through the GPS unit. I notice on the Groundspeak software it has a route option but I can't figure it out. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

By "Groundspeak Software" do you mean "EasyGPS" Groundspeak build, by topographics?

If so,

1. Open the LOC or GPX file

2. Right-click on the first waypoint and select "add waypoint to route"

3. Double click on the route that is created at the bottom of the screen in red (this will make it the "active route")

4. Right click and select "add waypoint to route" for the additional waypoints.

Hey, welcome to the game!

Just trying to help out where I can. (and sometimes where I can't) Sorry if I made you feel like you didn't know what software you are using. :oops:

with the number of times I post about topographix software, someone is going to think I'm Dan’s sock puppet!

I am using the Groundspeak softwear for downloading way points but I can't figure out how to put all these waypoints into one route and transfer that route only to my GPS. I've had to put the waypoints into my GPS seperately and then put them into a route through the GPS unit. I notice on the Groundspeak software it has a route option but I can't figure it out. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

You probably don't want to do that. A GPS will get you near a route waypoint, and once it's decided you're near enough, it starts directing you to the next route waypoint. So you'll be hunting waypoint A, and the unit will start pointing to waypoint B.