Geko 201 Missing Feature

So, you're planning a GPS hike, and you look up a few points on the trail before you go and enter their coordinates, as best you can, as waypoints, with cute icons for the camp site and the eatery, and a laboriously-entered 6-character name (CMPSIT, CFTRIA). Of course, there's going to be 100-200 feet of discrepancy, and you probably won't put the elevation in there at all.

When you get there, wouldn't it be nice to go into the waypoint and have a button to say "update this waypoint with the current lat/long/elevation" ? As things stand, I can either grab a new waypoint (and then retype the name - and add it to the route in place of the other one - etc etc), or I can laboriously update the coordinates manually (perhaps having written them down on my hand).

My Geko 201 doesn't seem to have this capability. Is it standard in other units ? It seems like something that should be easy to implement (I've got the dozen or so lines of C code in my head). I wonder if it's been omitted for marketing reasons ("available in our high-end models"), or if I'm just missing how to do it, or what.

Edited by nickbrown

There is normally a "reposition here" function on the individual waypoint pages. I've looked in the manual for the Geko 201 and did not see such a function available for that unit.

In your situation it might be easier to edit the numerical coordinates of the existing waypoint than to create and name a new waypoint.