The What & The Food

Hello,

I am considering hosting an event cache in April. I know where I want to have it, I know about when I want to have it, but I’m not sure about a few things… It would be nice to provide food. Right? Does any one have any suggestions on how to go about with the food issue? Also does any one have any suggestions on activities to do at an event cache? I have a few thing’s in mind but I’m open for suggestions! Any one that has hosted an event cache that would like to comment on something I should know PLEASE do so!

RyaN

Hmm... on a thread about not being able to log a DNF on an event cache, some posters thought that you should be able to because "a cache is a cache, and an event should be the same as a regular cache." Since you are not supposed to leave food in a cache, you shouldn't have food at an event cache. :blink:

See, problem solved, so don't worry about it! :bad:

Kidding! I'm kidding! Please don't hurt me!

On the serious side, potlucks seem to work out the best. Have the ones who are coming sign up by putting a note on the cache page with what they are bringing.

Another option is to hold the event in a restaurant. Everyone can order what they want, and you don't have to clean up afterwards, but it is a lot more expensive.

I have attended 3 events, one which I "hosted". At the two I "found" some of the cachers cooked for everyone, and we all pitched in to pay for the food. The one I listed was held in a grill pub, and people just ordered if they were hungry. (We were a lot thirstier, apparently.) :blink:

Food is a very important part of event caches here in Louisiana. We take pride in our culinary heritage, and the fare is usually a regional tradition. (Boiled crawfish, gumbo, jambalaya, and roast pig have all been discussed or served for instance.) Any outdoor picnic or BBQ type food will please most people.

How about you get everyone to bring a large can of something then open them up and tip 'em all into one large pot placed over a portable gas heater. Everyone can them eat all they wish (if they wish!) - problem solved - DON'T FORGET THE CAN OPENER.....

B)B)B)B):D

You all like tuna and strawberry chilli right?

Edited by bug&snake