New "my Cache Page"

Jeremy

Any thought as to whether or not you can implement a 'filter finds' type thing for benchmarks? Something just like the function for caches would be a great help in planning. Right now its a pain in the @ss to see what I've found at a glance.

Resized the "found" and "not found" icons so all the icons are uniform 16x16 pixels in size.

Had to log a "Not Found" yesterday :lol: and notice that the not found "frown" icon is still looking wierd in Mozilla 1.6.

Edit : Never mind. It went away after a couple of refreshes <_<:rolleyes:

frown.jpg

Edited by PDOP's
Watchlist

It's still the basic watchlist, but there are now lines through caches on your watch list that have been archived. Good way to clean it out.

Eventually this will be replaced with custom watchlists, but for now I wanted to preserve the current functionality.

When did the watchlist go from 100 caches to 50 caches for non-members? That just blew me out of the water, as I just logged over 50 caches finally..... :rolleyes:

QUOTE (Mikkel @ Mar 24 2004, 10:51 AM)

Is it possible to mark the FTF cashes in a special way ? 

The big issue with this as a feature is the grumblings that would occur if someone claimed the first find and they just ended up being the first find logged on the web site. There's no real way we (as a web site) can correctly judge who the first finder really was.

Of course I suppose the cache owner could determine this, but it will take a bit more work to have a feature available that is fair. It is a neat idea though, even if the implementation may need some work.

Here is my idea Jermy.

When a new cashe is generated a FTF number is also generated and only the owner can see that.

Then he can open the entered log and input the nuber he has for the case and the casher log who get's the number inputted gets the title.

This must be a one time use for the authentication number.

Then you have a datafield where you can generate a FTF title off.

Btw I'm not a programmer so have mercy on me pls ;)

I'm curious if anybody else has noticed this - On my cache page - it says:

My logs (last 30 days)

Today is March 30. 30 days ago would be February 29, correct?

I'm still showing logs from February 28th AND February 27th.

I'm not complaining - it's slightly beneficial to me - but it does appear to be a "bug".

southdeltan

My logs (last 30 days)

Today is March 30. 30 days ago would be February 29, correct?

I'm not complaining - it's slightly beneficial to me - but it does appear to be a "bug".

remember feb is a short month... this i bet is the reason for this issue.

My logs (last 30 days)

Today is March 30.  30 days ago would be February 29, correct?

remember feb is a short month... this i bet is the reason for this issue.

That could be the case... doesn't seem like that'd be how dates were calculated...

Anyways... it's a day later and the logs from Feb 27 and 28 are still there. Todayis the 31st so only logs from March 1 should show.

southdeltan

Anyways... it's a day later and the logs from Feb 27 and 28 are still there. Todayis the 31st so only logs from March 1 should show.

I have a cache that I found back in August which I forgot about. I only logged it yesterday, but it shows up on my "Last 30-day list."

Don't know if that's a bug or what. Doesn't bother me, just weird.

Jamie

correct me if i am wrong but was a new feature of the my cache page to be to have the ability to select some pq's as 'favorites' and be able to run them in one click on the site as search results just like the preview mode.

maybe from the quickview page? i slightly remember jeremy saying something like this once, but i couldn't find it.

First, kudos on the new improvements.

Second, I went to work on my pocket queries just now and couldn't for the life of me find the list of current ones with the check boxes and run times. It's like it just disappeared, unless I'm losing my mind...which is quite possible.

Anyhow, if I remember correctly, I should be able to see the list on the page www.geocaching.com/pocket, or at least be able to link to it from there. Now, there is only a link to create a new query, which I did successfully. I have checked that I am logged in, and have also checked with a friend who is not having this problem.

What's going on?!

First, kudos on the new improvements.

Second, I went to work on my pocket queries just now and couldn't for the life of me find the list of current ones with the check boxes and run times. It's like it just disappeared, unless I'm losing my mind...which is quite possible.

Anyhow, if I remember correctly, I should be able to see the list on the page www.geocaching.com/pocket, or at least be able to link to it from there. Now, there is only a link to create a new query, which I did successfully. I have checked that I am logged in, and have also checked with a friend who is not having this problem.

What's going on?!

Try http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/. Works for me.

But, I'd still prefer it if there would be a tab sot pocket queries, accessible from everywhere, instead of that link from the Quick View page. And nobody needs that Members Features tab.

Thank you for adding "Show all logs for: Caches, Bugs, or Benchmarks". I think viewing ALL the caches we have visited in the past is very important - even if it is not found on the main "My Cache Page".

This has been mentioned before; I am not a big fan of this new page. I like having everything I need on one page, but I also understand that a page like that can put a strain on the server. My only request is to keep the "Show all logs for: Caches, Bugs, or Benchmarks" accessible.

Thanks! ;)

I think I came across a bug with regard to watch list management.

In the past, if I clicked 'watch this cache', that cache was either added or removed from my watch list. The link served as a toggle button. I sometimes used it, just in order to find out whether I was at that moment watching a particular cache, and to set it the way I wanted it to be.

Now, however, that link will only add the cache to the watch list, but it won't remove it. The only way to remove a cache is by going to the watch list page, and clicking on the 'remove' link next to the cache name.

I find that that's annoying, since previously I was able to remove a cache from my watch list either via the watch list page or via the cache page, whereas now I *have* to go to the watch list page.

So far, I have described a nuisance, not a bug. The bug, however, is that even after I remove a cache from my watch list the complicated way, the cache page isn't refreshed, and the same number of accounts is still marked as watching the page.

I'd be happy if the bug as well as the nuisance would be dealt with, so caches can be removed directly from the cache page again.

Perhaps instead of 'Watch this cache', the link should say ''Add to/remove from list', or a more consise alternative of that?

Edited by Shunra
...even after I remove a cache from my watch list the complicated way, the cache page isn't refreshed, and the same number of accounts is still marked as watching the page....

I imagine the watchlist count on the page isn't updated just like find counts aren't automatically updated....it only updates once a new log is added to the page. So, it wouldn't really be a bug since the cache page is 'cached'.

Hi Jeremy,

I don't find a way to display all my submitted caches, i.e. also the ones that where never approved (which was possible on the "old" my page).

Thanks for your advice,

BalkanSabranje

As Jeremy didn't seem to notice/care/know, maybe one of you has any idea of how to display my archived caches that where never approved without using the old "my" page??

Thx in advance,

BalkanSabranje