Best Gps With Software

Xitor

I am looking at starting geocaching for myself and my son. I would also like a unit I can use for some activities with a few other parents at our Cubscout camp outs.

Which is the best unit to buy in the $175 price range - not just based on the price of the GPS, but the total cost if you're going to then add software so you can then print out your trips or treks from your PC (on a mapquest style map).

So far I have been looking at Magelln Gold, but I'm not sure by the time I add PC software if that would be better or something like a Garman Legend.

Color isn't a biggie for me considering my price range, but I would like one that works good in shade if possible.

Also, if anyone reading this is looking to upgrade and has one that is a good match for what I'm mentioning, please let me know.

Thanks,

David

david.morgan@writeme.com

We have a Garmin Legend and it has been great for us. We looked at Magellan also but had heard Garmin had much better customer service. The legend did develop a little problem a few weeks ago. We were able to return it without any problems and they had it fixed in about a week. They downloaded and reinstalled all my waypoints, maps and tracks so I didn't lose anything and all was done under warranty. I'm very satisfied.