Creating A Cache Page

Blaidd-Drwg

OK, I'm finally ready to create my first cache. I have the container and I'm ready to go, except I don't know how to create the cache page. Yes, I have looked at the page creation tool provided on the website, but I want to add a slight twist to the mix. My intent is to provide a location near the actual cache and include within the cache discription a coded message which must be decyphered to obtain the actual cache location. The message will be a jpg. My question is: Can someone explain in excrusicating detail, the method of placing a jpg in the middle of the cache description. Also, is there a way to preview the page, before it is submitted for approval? Thanks <_<

Edited by Team Madog

You will need to check the box indicating the description is in HTML. By default, HTML will ignore duplicate spaces, tabs, and carriage returns. If you want a paragraph break, be sure to insert <P> between them.

Once you submit the cache page, you will then be able to preview it. Click "View Listing" at the top of the edit page. If you've checked the box to indicate the page should be reviewed ("Yes, this cache is currently active."), an approver will review the page shortly and either approve the page or provide you with feedback.

Good luck!

My intent is to provide a location near the actual cache and include within the cache discription a coded message which must be decyphered to obtain the actual cache location. The message will be a jpg.

You should also explain, in text in the cache description, that you need to see the image in order to solve the cache. Those who use PQ's on handheld PDA's (like me) would have great difficulty if we started the hunt, only to realize that we also needed to have an image to view to complete the hunt.