60cs Barameter And Tv Pressure Difference?

Watching my local wheater last night, he said the "pressure" was 30.06 and steady. I look at my 60CS and it says "barametric" was 1018.8mb (or something close).

I AM looking at the same things on TV and my 60CS - right? - barametric pressure?

What unit is the TV using?

What unit is the 60CS using - milli bars?

Can I make my 60CS use the same as the TV?

Thanks bunches!

Pat

make sure you're looking at the right plot also. my 76s can display both ambient and barometric pressure plots. i'm pretty sure you're going to want the ambient (not default) because it is not adjusted for current elevation, but sea level elevation like the tv weatherman's barometer.

fyi: inches of mercury x 33.864 = millibars

Can I make my 60CS use the same as the TV?

Menu => Menu => Setup => Units Then select "Inches (Hg)" under the "Pressure" pull-down at the very bottom on the screen.

In the terminology that Garmin uses the Barometer measures "normalized" pressure while ambient pressure is the measure of actual atomospheric pressure on the GPSr.

Normalized pressure is the pressure of the existing pressure front if the measurement were to be taken at sea-level. Most weather stations report normalized pressure.