Enough With The Complaining

dboggny

I am here to complain about all the complaining... first it was virtuals. The weeping and gnashing of teeth over locationless. Now your all beating your chests about micros and stats. Give it up, go find something more productive to do for the game then cry and moan and shaking your fist at god about too many micros. Everytime something happens that you don't like, remember, its your own darn fault. You complianed about virtuals and now there are 4.5 trillion micros instead. You used rough toilet paper and now you chafed. Thats your own darn fault too.

Shadup already and give it a rest. Have fun geocaching and be safe

db

LazyBoy and dboggny both spend a lot of time and energy complaining about other people complaining. Two individuals, separated by age, distance, interests and abilities, discover common ground. Ergo, complaining must be a good thing.

you must be a sock puppet.

Uh Dan, if we stop complaining, what else are we going talk about?

we can talk about more steak dinners and gatherings and group hunts and make this community as good as it can be because for some reason it seems all it does is gripe and moan.

All side and snide comments aside, dboggny's got a point. Too many lame virtuals led to the rash of micros. No, not every park deserves a cache. No, not every statue or monument deserves to be a virtual, or a micro. And we should all be out there caching more, complaining less. What's wrong with that? Go have fun. <_<

No, not every statue or monument deserves to be a virtual, or a micro. And we should all be out there caching more, complaining less. What's wrong with that? Go have fun. :D

Did you ever know that you're my hero? <_<

VERY well said!

Now get out there and cache!

Bret

we can talk about more steak dinners and gatherings and group hunts and make this community as good as it can be because for some reason it seems all it does is gripe and moan.

This is fine for local forums, and it is being talked about eg. in Northeast forum. Not much complaining there. For great stories from hunts we have the low-volume "The Hunt - The Unusual" forum. But what would you discuss here in General - uhh, G-Topics? After agreeing on what should be in your backpack, there is not much other left than gripe and moan. Oh yes, and to appeal to the voice of people when one's cache is not approved.

Too many lame virtuals led to the rash of micros. No, not every park deserves a cache. No, not every statue or monument deserves to be a virtual, or a micro
And there are people who think differently and when they don't get their way, they come here to vent, as do the people who agree with you.

I'd rather they vent here, than kick their dog, knock around their wife, or kill someone on a road rage accident. This forum has helped reduce animal and spousal abuse and highway deaths (just check the numbers of traffic deaths since geocaching started. They've been down every year). I think this is a good thing.

Edited by briansnat
Too many lame virtuals led to the rash of micros. No, not every park deserves a cache. No, not every statue or monument deserves to be a virtual, or a micro
And there are people who think differently and when they don't get their way, they come here to vent, as do the people who agree with you.

I'd rather they vent here, than kick their dog, knock around their wife, or kill someone on a road rage accident. This forum has helped reduce animal and spousal abuse and highway deaths (just check the numbers of traffic deaths since geocaching started. They've been down every year). I think this is a good thing.

Excellent point!!!! HA!!!! <_<

Why can't we all just accept that 'Dan's Way' is the path and the light of forum salvation? We are not worthy to question his omnipotent caching wisdom. Soon he will take his rightful place upon the Pillar of Judgment. Cast your eyes down or fear his wrath, mortal fools!

Oh, great pantsless one, guide me, for I am weak, wet, and afraid. I am not worthy, what shall become of me? <_<

LazyBoy and dboggny both spend a lot of time and energy complaining about other people complaining. Two individuals, separated by age, distance, interests and abilities, discover common ground. Ergo, complaining must be a good thing.

Hmmm, good of you to notice.

I must admit I've never complained about a cache or a type of cache. I've only complained about whiners and complainers <_<

One thing to add. The majority of local cachers I know do not participate in the forums because of all the complaining and whining that goes on. They'll buzz through them and at times discuss them at our local monthly get togethers but all they seem to see is all this whining.

So I do believe we've lost a good portion of the caching community because of the overuse of keywords such as lame and crappy.

Why can't we all just accept that 'Dan's Way' is the path and the light of forum salvation?  We are not worthy to question his omnipotent caching wisdom.  Soon he will take his rightful place upon the Pillar of Judgment.  Cast your eyes down or fear his wrath, mortal fools!

Oh, great pantsless one, guide me, for I am weak, wet, and afraid. I am not worthy, what shall become of me? <_<

Fear not damp Feline, the Great God DB shall show you the way. He will guide you to the salvation in the Land of Milk in Tuna. All He requires is that you have no thoughts or opinions that do not meet His Divine Wishes. Eternal bliss lies just ahead. Are you ready for your labatomy, uh, er I mean to accept his teachings?

If you say so, it must be so... but it would serve you well to keep in mind that not all people choose to log their 'exploits' online.

we can... make this community as good as it can be because for some reason it seems all it does is gripe and moan.

We thank you for not being a part of the problem.

I thought there was a lint screen to keep sock puppets away. :D

Not that I'm complaining about them or anything....... <_<

It’s a shame that the “Enough micros” thread had to resurface. It was gone for almost an entire month. Anyone that bothered to read the entire thread would see that the OP apologized for his rant that started a silly debate.

The local area forums are almost always a friendlier place. The fear of running into someone you’ve flamed online at an event or on the trails is enough to keep people polite. The anonymity of the larger forums has a tendency to allow more chest thumping and bravado. There will always be folks trying to stir up trouble. Some are good at staying under the radar some aren’t. The ones that stand out sooner or later drift away as the forum posting community learns that they are just trolling. It’s the ones that stay under the radar and cause flamefests that are the real problems. That’s where the moderators need to step in and remind people that this is JUST A WEB BASED GEOCACHING FORUM.

As Dboggny has pointed out people here complain about anything and everything. Stats/No Stats, Micros/No Micros, Locationless/No Locationless and so on and so on and so on. This game/sport/hobby/whatever is different things to different people. Trying to respect each others opinions (even if you disagree) is part of being an adult. Stamping your feet, complaining, quitting and threatening are all signs of being immature. The only good thing I can see from this is at least the topics are once again geocaching related. The next step would be to make the threads polite debate instead of what has been happening.

Trying to respect each others opinions (even if you disagree) is part of being an adult. Stamping your feet, complaining, quitting and threatening are all signs of being immature. The only good thing I can see from this is at least the topics are once again geocaching related. The next step would be to make the threads polite debate instead of what has been happening.

I disagree wit you you twit. I oughta knock your block off. I'm outa here and never coming back!

If you say so, it must be so...

we can... make this community as good as it can be because for some reason it seems all it does is gripe and moan.

We thank you for not being a part of the problem.

if you're not a sock puppet, then the only thing one should here from you, with no finds and etc is "hi i am new, i need a gps, i found my first cache." other then that, you don't really have any clue about what has/is going on. sit back and learn, learn by reading and trying not by posting in the forums.

finally, i put my time where my mouth is. i have organized many, fun and well attended events here. go find a cache, go do something constructive in the community. maybe you should just go away, becuase if you're not a sock puppet, your not very bright. if you are a sock puppet, you should be banned.

Edited by dboggny
and to appeal to the voice of people when one's cache is not approved.

that never helps, the approvers do what they want anyway... besides the vocal minority are the ones that get what they want here.

Quit complaining about approvers, you hypocrite.

coming from you, that hurts since it has no basis.

Edited by dboggny

if you're not a sock puppet, then the only thing one should here from you, with no finds and etc is "hi i am new, i need a gps, i found my first cache." other then that, you don't really have any clue about what has/is going on. sit back and learn, learn by reading and trying not by posting in the forums.

Another superior opinion from a superior intellect. ALL HAIL THE KING.

Mopar's Thought For the Day

Isn't starting a thread complaining about all the complaining, and telling people to shut up pretty hypocrytical? You are complaining, and not shutting up.

Seems like this thread is a major part of the problem it pretends to be against.

If this is really what you think, then the right thing to do is stop complaining, and shutup, isn't it?

Why can't we all just accept that 'Dan's Way' is the path and the light of forum salvation?  We are not worthy to question his omnipotent caching wisdom.  Soon he will take his rightful place upon the Pillar of Judgment.  Cast your eyes down or fear his wrath, mortal fools!

Fear not damp Feline, the Great God DB shall show you the way. He will guide you to the salvation in the Land of Milk in Tuna. All He requires is that you have no thoughts or opinions that do not meet His Divine Wishes. Eternal bliss lies just ahead. Are you ready for your labatomy, uh, er I mean to accept his teachings?

What is this "The Passion of the Dan"?

Complaining about complaining is still complaining. Next we're going to have a thread to complain about complaining about complaining. Please stop the vicious cycle.

No more complaining about anything!

Oh except leaving dirt golf balls in caches when you took a $10 gift card.

And Gladware containers you can complain about those too...

Oh I almost forgot, you can complain about people who don't maintain their caches...

Uh... you can definitely complain about the NPS.

oh yea, there are the people who hold on to travel bugs for months. They're always good to complain about.

What about the people that log 42 finds on a locationless cache?

Ah hell, it's no use.

Mopar's Thought For the Day

Isn't starting a thread complaining about all the complaining, and telling people to shut up pretty hypocrytical? You are complaining, and not shutting up.

Seems like this thread is a major part of the problem it pretends to be against.

If this is really what you think, then the right thing to do is stop complaining, and shutup, isn't it?

I was not complaining, i am pointing out a fact of existance in the forums... i merely stated that it shoudl stop.

you dont complain about anything, especially your friends posting fake finds.

Edited by dboggny

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that are off topic may be closed by the moderator.