Cache Rescue And Adoption Area

Team Misguided

I have my caches in Alaska in need of new caretakers. Been out of caching for a few years due to health and now that I am ready to get back into it I have moved out of state.

If any AK cachers want to take over any please let a rewiewer know.

Thanks

Edited by Bilder

Hello all. I have 3 caches, that I need to adopt out. All are great caches, and I'm sorry to see them leave my ownership. However I have relocated to Arkansas, compliments of the Air Force. So alas I need some steadfast cachers who would like these awesome caches to take the reigns since I don't see returning anytime soon.

The first cache is CG15GG1, it's called Oregon Trail Adventure. It's located at the Dead Mans Pass Rest area on I-84EB, outside of Pendleton Or.

The second is GC111RD, it's called MC2. This one is located in the scenic outlook on top of Cabage Hill on I-84WB, outside Pendleton Or. I believe the log in the cache could be changed now..

And the third and final one is GCXFVM, it's called Garnet Resource Overlook. This one is located at the top of the hill at the Garnet Scenic Overlook going to Garnet Ghost Town. Coming From Missoula Montana on Hwy 200.

All have been good and active. So if anyone wants to adopt them, let me know. Either let me know here, or email me at k7ctv@gmail.com.

Hello all. I have 3 caches, that I need to adopt out. All are great caches, and I'm sorry to see them leave my ownership. However I have relocated to Arkansas, compliments of the Air Force. So alas I need some steadfast cachers who would like these awesome caches to take the reigns since I don't see returning anytime soon.

The first cache is CG15GG1, it's called Oregon Trail Adventure. It's located at the Dead Mans Pass Rest area on I-84EB, outside of Pendleton Or.

The second is GC111RD, it's called MC2. This one is located in the scenic outlook on top of Cabage Hill on I-84WB, outside Pendleton Or. I believe the log in the cache could be changed now..

And the third and final one is GCXFVM, it's called Garnet Resource Overlook. This one is located at the top of the hill at the Garnet Scenic Overlook going to Garnet Ghost Town. Coming From Missoula Montana on Hwy 200.

All have been good and active. So if anyone wants to adopt them, let me know. Either let me know here, or email me at kd7ctv@gmail.com.

It wouldn't let me edit, so I corrected the email address. It's kd7ctv@gmail.com

Edited by kd7ctv

I have an lahontan cache The Dust Upon Which You Now Stand GCP95X on the PCT near Snoqualmie Pass that needs maintenance that I have not been able to find the time to complete.

It's under a reviewer archive warning so the maintenance would need to be completed at the first opportunity though snowfall recently covered it for the season. A note to the reviewer may extend the window until spring.

If you're interested please post here or contact me at shaddow.geo at g mail dot com.

Here's another one that I'm posting for a friend:

This is a oldie (05/12/2001) located over in Burien: Slippery Root Cache GC931

It's been recently archived but the reviewer stated on the page that they are open to unarchiving it if it will be maintained. If you're interested please contact me and I'll arrange the adoption with the CO (who is very busy at the moment...)

Myself and at least one other person that I know of have made inquires to adopt this cache but have not heard anything back.

Here's another one that I'm posting for a friend:

This is a oldie (05/12/2001) located over in Burien: Slippery Root Cache GC931

It's been recently archived but the reviewer stated on the page that they are open to unarchiving it if it will be maintained. If you're interested please contact me and I'll arrange the adoption with the CO (who is very busy at the moment...)

Myself and at least one other person that I know of have made inquires to adopt this cache but have not heard anything back.

I responded to the two inquires that I received. I did make a mistake about my email address on my log to the cache page that has since been fixed, if you used that email, that could be the reason that I didn't receive it.

Please reach out to me again if needed

Shaddow.geo gmail.com

Hi - We have a cache at the Olympic Sculpture Park that we need some help with. It's a reasonably popular cache in a great Seattle spot. It would be sad to see it lost but we have moved and aren't regularly in the area any more.

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1A2TN_olympic-sculpture-park-walk?guid=d4888f04-2ceb-49e3-8617-8ad49f6aa8fb

For a long time we had very little trouble with this cache. It went missing twice or so over the years especially right after Hemp Fest, but mostly stayed put. However it seems at some point recently a homeless person set up camp right near the hide. I think the cache was still in place for a while but now it seems to be missing. I'm not sure if it's gone missing because of that or just some other random bad luck though regardless, having cachers search around a homeless person's camp is not good.

Is anyone interested/able to help maintain or take over this cache? Any other thoughts on how to handle?

Thanks,

noombs

Hello! My husband and I are moving to Ohio from Vancouver, Washington at the end of September, and have 2 local, active caches that I'm hoping to find someone to adopt them rather than have to leave them until they disappear.

They are: GC1XC78 and GC1ZAZE. I just did maintenance on both of them, one of them placing a new cache in a more secure spot.

If you're interested, please send me a message! :)

Thanks so much!! :D

TnAMurphy99 :)

Hi all,

We recently moved from Seattle to Houston so we'd like to offer up our active caches for adoption. They are:

GC3G6YZ Strigoii Mort

GC25ZKK By Me

GC24G66 PEACE SIGN SERIES # 30: Give Peace a Chance

GC24GB3 PEACE SIGN SERIES # 33: Better Late than Never

GC1V2GQ The Fallen

GC1TGRE Why Soitenly!

Please let us know at daysjourneygeo AT gmail, if you're interested in any of them.

Thanks,

Team Daysjourney

Folks,

Life changes mean that TeamIDFC isn't able to spend much time caching, so we thought it would make sense to let some more active cachers take control of our remaining classic challenge caches so they live on to the future.  So, we are putting up for adoption:

GC1A012:  King County Thomas Guide Challenge:  The 2nd Thomas Guide challenge in the country and the first in Washington State.  Still an excellent way for cachers to learn about the entire county we live in.  Adoption will include the HTML files for the cache listing, as well as the supporting files

GC1BBZB:  AN NRV for Page 712:  Sort of a 2-for-1 with the KCTGC:  This is a "no redeeming value" cache on Vashon that was placed just to satisfy a quadrant requirement for the KCTG without having to have a boat.  Fairly self-maintaining, it should probably go with the KCTGC.

GC1M0D0:  Bellevue Blackout:  A challenge cache that is growing increasingly challenging to do with all the caches in Bellevue, but is still a cool challenge to cachers looking to solve a lot of very hard mysteries.  Adoption includes the HTML source for the cache listing.

Thanks,

Michael

I see that nobody has posted in over 2 years on this thread, so maybe this is futile, but I enjoy being a good steward of geocaches, I own some and am willing to adopt caches in the Newberg, Oregon area within a certain distance. I know some folks move, and or health makes caching not an option, it is sad if great hides go away due to these things. Please contact me if you need help.  

22 minutes ago, Hounds In The Mist said:

There is a cache in my area that I am willing to adopt, Overboard cache GC15XDJ.  I tried to email the owner but their account has been inactivated.  Is there a way to take over this cache without contact from the original owner?  I do not see any activity on their account since 2014.  The cache is in need of maintenance.  Thanks!

Without the owner's consent, no, you cannot forcibly adopt a cache.

You can help maintain it. Or if it needs to go, bring it to the reviewers attention, let it get archived, and then hide your.own cache. Or, third option, do nothing and let events proceed as they will. But no, you cannot just adopt it.

Edited by geoawareUSA9
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, geoawareUSA9 said:

Without the owner's consent, no, you cannot forcibly adopt a cache.

You can help maintain it. Or if it needs to go, bring it to the reviewers attention, let it get archived, and then hide your.own cache. Or, third option, do nothing and let events proceed as they will. But no, you cannot just adopt it.

Thanks for the quick response.  We will probably just do the maintenance.  The cache has been there since 2007 so we don’t want it to go away.