Cache Rescue And Adoption Area

Team Misguided

Hide & Seek is one of those moving caches that is no longer approved. This one is was placed in January 2002 and has survived nicely with many finds. It is currently in the Bend, Oregon area and I'm the most recent finder. It is suppose to stay in Oregon.

The trouble is that the owners last checked in September 2003 and are listed as "Not Validated Member." The email <j.hendershott@verizon.net> given on the cache page is not current. To work properly someone needs to adopt it and maintain the cache page with new coordinates when it is moved. Also, the cache type should probably be changed to "Mystery." Physical maintenance for this type of cache depends greatly on the finders but has not been a problem in nearly 3 years.

Anyone want to take ownership? I like these kinds of caches (in small doses) and would hate to see it go away, so I'd be happy to take it if no one else expresses an interest.

i might want to adopt it but need to know whats involved with a travailing cache

Edited by sock2828

:P I'm justing waiting for the overworked Slaves to finalize my adoption of Top of Teneriffe (TNAB) by TNAB hiking group (GCJGBC). The owner e-mail me he started the adoption paperwork.

But we must remember that overworked, need vacations, warm meals and time to just put the feet up on the desk and kick back for some relaxing time.

Watch out... I hear the Frog has ordered a Cat of Nine Tails and know how to use it. :)

:P I'm justing waiting for the overworked Slaves to finalize my adoption of Top of Teneriffe (TNAB) by TNAB hiking group (GCJGBC). The owner e-mail me he started the adoption paperwork.

But we must remember that overworked, need vacations, warm meals and time to just put the feet up on the desk and kick back for some relaxing time.

Watch out... I hear the Frog has ordered a Cat of Nine Tails and know how to use it. :)

Actually, funny thing, he sent me the adoption request not you. I sent him a quick email explaining that he needed to send the request to you instead and hopefully he'll get that corrected shortly.

I would like to adopt Cachers' Clubhouse. The owner has not logged on since August 2005.

True but Sluggo is listed as a co-hider and he is still active. The cache does not show signs of distress so at this time I don't see an impending need for it to be adopted.

I will try contacting him, but he now lives in Birmingham, Alabama. He had me adopt 2 of his other caches in the area (including Juniper Dunes).

But I will check to see if he has the password for Citrix's account so we can change the text. I have run in to 2 cachers here lately who mentioned that they showed up for the monthly meeting mentioned in the cache page -- but we have not had a meeting there for over a year and probably 2.

GCK5NP Cards and Toys is a cache that the owner said they would repair on November 26, 2006. They have not been back since. The cache location is in a wonderful park that I frequently visit. The caches located in this park are very popular. I would like to adopt this cache so that this cache is made available to others once again. How would I go about doing this? I have commented on the site but there has not been any response from geocaching.com. I also sent a request to adopt to the owner but they have not responded either. What should I do know?

I will be moving to Virginia in December and need some folks to adopt my central Washington caches. Otherwise, I'll be archiving them. Please let me know if you're interested in taking these on:

Crevice

Exhaustion

High Urban Mountain

Ten Hours To Naches

I will be archiving the following, regardless:

In Plain Sight because it's on the property of my current residence

In the Stacks because it's at my current workplace and would be difficult for an outsider to maintain

Please respond by November 20th.

Hello. I want to adopt a cache here in Bellingham, WA. I recently found the cache after is sat alone for over a year and a half. The hillside it was on was slowly deteriorating and the cache was sinking further into the hole it was in. I relocated it about 20 feet away, across the trail in a safer place and posted the new coords and spoiler pics on line. I have attempted to email the owner a few times asking to adopt but no response. I do not believe the owner has been on line for over a year. I think it would be sad to let this cache go, it was hidden in October of 2001. I am willing to take care of it and would like to bring it into my family through adoption. How do I go about doing this?

Cache info:

GC2218 Mud Bay

Thank you, brewermd

I was sad to see The Brownies archive all their caches today. Alas, it wasn't a April Fool's joke.

They have several wonderful caches in the Cle Elum / Ellensburg area. Theirs were some of the first caches I found five years ago as a new cacher, as well as some of my most recent finds (last weekend at the Yakima CM).

The Brownies noted all of their caches are still in place and available for adoption, so I wanted to alert folks in case some of the locals want to keep some of them going. (I live too far away.)

Here are a few of their best-known ones (see The Brownies profile for the complete list):

Kleinberg Caboose (five-cache series)

Worldly Reflection - MC (awesome!)

Sarah's Happy Hollow

On Top of Old Peoh (great back road drive and view over the valley)

Northern Exposure (in Roslyn)

Edited by hydnsek

Getting out of the cache business for a while. Going throught Grad School, and I simply do not have the time to keep up on all my caches.

Basically all of my caches were archived today. If anyone wants to adopt them, have them shoot me an email. I have no problem handing them over.

BTW - I'm not calling it quits to caching. Just pulling my caches. Work, kids, and a Mater Degree program reek havic on a person's schedule.

Here is my cache listings

Kleinburg Caboose

Rocket Power

On top of old peoh

Northern Exposure

Double Bridge

Sarah's Happy Hollow

Frozen in Time

Touch and Go

Once Upon a TIme MC

The Riddler

Where the Kids Go To Play

Monkey Business

Robbers Roost

Worldly reflection

Rocket Power

Hopefully when I get my PHd completed in a couple years, I'll start stashing again but you'll have to call me Dr. B... hee.. hee..

Edited by The_Brownies

Getting out of the cache business for a while. Going throught Grad School, and I simply do not have the time to keep up on all my caches.

Basically all of my caches were archived today. If anyone wants to adopt them, have them shoot me an email. I have no problem handing them over.

BTW - I'm not calling it quits to caching. Just pulling my caches. Work, kids, and a Mater Degree program reek havic on a person's schedule.

<snip>

Hopefully when I get my PHd completed in a couple years, I'll start stashing again but you'll have to call me Dr. B... hee.. hee..

I really enjoyed all of your caches that I found this past weekend -thanks for placing them! If I wasn't all the way in Spokane, I'd love to adopt some of your caches. And I can certainly understand about grad school! I know from personal experience that can SERIOUSLY cut into your caching time.

Best wishes on the PhD!!! :ph34r:

Here is my cache listings

Kleinburg Caboose

Rocket Power

On top of old peoh

Northern Exposure

Double Bridge

Sarah's Happy Hollow

Frozen in Time

Touch and Go

Once Upon a TIme MC

The Riddler

Where the Kids Go To Play

Monkey Business

Robbers Roost

Worldly reflection

Rocket Power

I'm interested in Touch and Go, and I hope someone adopts Northern Exposure and Sarah's Happy Hollow. I have already sent you an email about Touch and Go.

Edited by Dwoodford

Looks like one of our oldest caches, Memaloose Island View, could be missing. It's an easy find (once you make the climb), so if rocketglider didn't find it, I'd wager it's gone.

Great cache location, part of the WA History Challenge, would hate to see it archived. Owner hasn't been on the site since April 2002 and isn't a validated member. (Impressive the cache has survived on auto-pilot this long.)

Perhaps someone who lives down that way would be interested in adopting it?

Looks like one of our oldest caches, Memaloose Island View, could be missing. It's an easy find (once you make the climb), so if rocketglider didn't find it, I'd wager it's gone.

Great cache location, part of the WA History Challenge, would hate to see it archived. Owner hasn't been on the site since April 2002 and isn't a validated member. (Impressive the cache has survived on auto-pilot this long.)

Perhaps someone who lives down that way would be interested in adopting it?

Heck if no one closer wants to adopt this, I will!! Can't let a great old cache with a view like that die! We go to washington to visit grandma once a month or so anyway.

"Ranger Smith calling King County cachers", "Ranger Smith calling King County cachers, come in in King County cachers"....... Ravensdale Park is currently in need of an adoption/placement of cache after Ravensdale Park cache was archived. The park has been mighty lonely this winter and a cache placement/adoption would be just the thing to make this a happy park once again! :ph34r:

Thanks, Ranger Smith

Green River Parks Crew

The area of coverage for the different crews sure is weird. Do you know Eive Newton? She runs the Cedar River and Soos Creek Trail crews.

Seems like this conversation would be better in email than off-topic in the Adoption thread....

Seems like this comment would be better in email than off-topic in the Adoption thread... :rolleyes:

Green River Parks Crew

The area of coverage for the different crews sure is weird. Do you know Eive Newton? She runs the Cedar River and Soos Creek Trail crews.

Seems like this conversation would be better in email than off-topic in the Adoption thread....

Seems like this comment would be better in email than off-topic in the Adoption thread... <_<

Ummm...the topic is cache rescue and adoption. Chatting up Ranger Smith is not on topic. Nor is Ranger Smith's solicitation of new cache hides in Ravensdale Park. Although new hides are almost always a mostly good thing.

Green River Parks Crew

Seems like this comment would be better in email than off-topic in the Adoption thread... <_<

Ummm...the topic is cache rescue and adoption. Chatting up Ranger Smith is not on topic. Nor is Ranger Smith's solicitation of new cache hides in Ravensdale Park. Although new hides are almost always a mostly good thing.

The conversation is done. No need for heaping on.

There is a cache near Mill Creek that appears to have been abandonded. There was a string of DNF's to which the owner never responded and then a previous finder posted better coords in a note and volunteered to adopt it. Is there a way for either of us to adopt it without the owners cooperation? I haven't tried to contact the owner, I don't know if the other person has either. The owner logged onto the site as recently as May but has not logged a find in over 2 years. Looks to me as though he is done geocaching.

Let me know how to proceed with this as the coords are off by about 50ft and they need to be changed for safety resaons as well as just so people can find the cache. The posted coords put you don't a steep embankment that don't match the terrain rating.

Thanks

-FM

Let me know how to proceed with this as the coords are off by about 50ft and they need to be changed for safety resaons as well as just so people can find the cache. The posted coords put you don't a steep embankment that don't match the terrain rating.

Just read the guidlines on adopting a cache. Sorry for not taking care of that before (and all the typo's...sheesh). I'll discuss it with the other person who volunteered to adopt the cache and proceed accrordingly.

I've actually been talking to the owner about adopting GC14D6K. I've tried to look all over the site but neither the owner nor I know how to go about adopting it..how do I find the rules on this (and how does she send it to me?) Neither of us are sure and I would like to replace the cache (as it appears to have gone missing). I would love ANY help! Thanks!

We have decided to move out of the Ellensburg area after 7 years of school! We have some caches that we would like adopted....

Once Upon a Time GCCBE2

Nature Walk GC199DC

Paint the Town GC19Y7K

Sarah's Happy Hollow GC3FAB

Crevice GC47C

If you would like to adopt one let me know....if they are not adopted by Aug 10, I will be archiving them and freeing up precious Ellensburg space!

Edited by Jomer & Traci

We have decided to move out of the Ellensburg area after 7 years of school! We have some caches that we would like adopted....

Once Upon a Time GCCBE2

Nature Walk GC199DC

Paint the Town GC19Y7K

Sarah's Happy Hollow GC3FAB

Crevice GC47C

If you would like to adopt one let me know....if they are not adopted by Aug 10, I will be archiving them and freeing up precious Ellensburg space!

I'll keep watching and if Once Upon a Time GCCBE2 and/or Sarah's Happy Hollow GC3FAB don't get adopted I'll take them. Once Upon a Time is a great Washington State History cache and we visit Cle Elum a few times a year so a maintenance run would be no problem.

The waypoint for Crevice is missing a letter GCP47C

OS