Tracks To Usaphotomap??

I would like to know how to transfer a "track" from my GPS (60c) to the USAPhotoMap program. I did get a track to show on my laptop photo, but is there a way to save a "track" on the GPS and transfer it to the photo later. I have both serial and usb connectors and am quite savvy with my computer, but just haven't been able to do the transfer after a track has been saved. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

USA Photo Map's has some serious limitations with tracks. You can only display one at a time, and they are imported and exported as text files. I believe from GPS -> tracks -> receive (not display) will save them to a text file, but I'm not sure about that. Check out ExpertGPS. Same maps, but it has much better capabilities for working with the data. It supports .loc files, and numerous others. You can export the data to a comma separated list for work with excel, and back again. (and of course you have multiple tracks at the same time, even with different colors if you want)

I would like to know how to transfer a "track" from my GPS (60c) to the USAPhotoMap program. 

Yes! OK Team Cinnamon, here's how it works. I also have a 60C and use USAPhotoMaps quite a lot. First, you need a Serial cable. Mine came only with the USB cable, so I ordered a Serial for about $25 from a vendor. I'm sure you will find one cheaper if you search the web.

With your 60C connected to your PC and turned on, look on the upper tool bar and click on GPS/Tracks/Receive. You will be prompted to name your new file. Simply type in a name (ex: My_track.csv) and click save, to the default folder (USAPhotoMaps) it wants to send it.

It will start to download whatever (and all) tracks that are in your 60C. You don't need to have a Photo or a Topo on screen at this point. It downloads the track points so it may take a while, but when done, it displays the track line(s). Then, you can fill the screen by keying in "p", followed by "f", to grab aerial photos, or "t", followed by "f" to grab USGS Topos.

That should work, have fun...

Edited by Timpat