Happy St. Patrick's Day

Food History

BUBBLE AND SQUEAK

An old English dish, named for the sounds the ingredients make while cooking (or from the sound one's stomach makes after eating it). Some sources say it was originally cold boiled beef and chopped cabbage, others claim it was originally mashed potatoes and cabbage, while some claim it originally contained all three.

Today it is typically made from leftover potatoes and cabbage fried together

Food History

BUBBLE AND SQUEAK

An old English dish, named for the sounds the ingredients make while cooking (or from the sound one's stomach makes after eating it). Some sources say it was originally cold boiled beef and chopped cabbage, others claim it was originally mashed potatoes and cabbage, while some claim it originally contained all three.

Today it is typically made from leftover potatoes and cabbage fried together

well! i was kind of close. :D

I have a busy day planned. Dance performance at the country club, brunch with the dancers, yet another corned beef and cabbage dinner (they seem to love to feed us that stuff just before we dance), then a concert pre-talk, then the Gaelic Storm concert. Maybe drinks after (no drunk driving).

Happy St. Pats all! :D

I have a busy day planned. Dance performance at the country club, brunch with the dancers, yet another corned beef and cabbage dinner (they seem to love to feed us that stuff just before we dance), then a concert pre-talk, then the Gaelic Storm concert. Maybe drinks after (no drunk driving).

Happy St. Pats all! :D

Whew....corned beef and cabbage...mix in some beer and then dance....

that could be an explosive situation Carleen...LOL :ph34r:

My irish wife and mother in law have a corned beef recipe that rocks! Every year, we get Cape Clear soda bread and this righteous corned beef. (And a dram or two of Tullamore Dew)

(Now, if I could only think of a way to get out of work early, I could make it a dram or three...)

This is what happened to me while i was on my way to perform cache maintinence. The other driver apparently had been celebrating with the green beer early B)

dfe623e6-f0f5-4224-8423-7ed4d7d1662a.jpg

That is really sad. Did you have a passenger? It can be really scary watching that big car coming at you. I figure if you are on the forums you survived without too much injury. I hope the other guy had insurance. Do you have an alternate cache vehicle, or are you stuck for awhile? :lol: