New Pocket Query Idea

sk8rdi16

Ok, I have been a premi member for only a month or two. I have used the pocket queries a few times, only generating one at a time. I have found these very cumbersome when traveling. For instance, I know where I am going, so I can get the zip code, I have set out a route for my trip. Would I have to find the zips of each place I pass?? I think a new feature for the pocket queries could be selecting an area on a map, such as the major interstate you would be traveling.

Another scenario, I would like to go hiking in different areas, I could find these places on my Mapsource software, get a few coordinates, then run pocket queries on them. I think it would be easier to select (highlight) an area on a map then run a pocket query on that area.

If this is already a possiblility PLEASE let me know!!! I hope this leads to some thought.

Thanks for listening!!

I also have thought that it would be really nice to have northern, southern, eastern, and western boundaries for the cache locations that you want. Sometimes I will run for caches that I only want special areas and it would be nice not to get other caches on your run.

I'm not sure if this would be good for other people or not.

Try running your pocket query entering a series of zip codes along your route without duplicating the first three numbers in any set. For example, run a query on the area's main post office (e.g. 94500) without running sub areas like 94501, 94502, etc. That'll limit the number of queries and make the job faster until someone comes up with a feature that allows for selecting regions or working within a specific distance along a given route. Seems there's no end to how much we can improve what we have. But we ought to realize that what we have, IMHO, is pretty darn great.