Garmin-great Service

I received a new Garmin GA 27C Remote Antenna in the mail last week. I could only locate one of the two supplied M3 screws to hold the cushion/magnet plate to the antenna. I wrote a brief note to Garmin and today four new screws arrived....no charge. They even sent them UPS not USPS. It's the little things that count. I'm impressed. :D

When I bought my 60c from Tiger GPS, I also ordered a Garmin case for it too. When I got my unit in the mail, the case I received was not the one pictured on their web site. The one I got was much bigger, and did not have the Garmin logo like the one pictured. When I emailed TigerGPS about this, they replied that the case I received was the one recommended by Garmin. So I emailed Garmin sales a picture of my 60c next to the case, and asked them if it was a Garmin case. Garmin replied that it was not, but was the case they recommended until a custom case could be developed. After that I was prepared to let it go as a bad internet sales experience. Two days later I received a package in the mail with the case I had ordered plus a Garmin T-shirt at no charge from Garmin. This is my first GPSr, and I chose Garmin partially because I heard good things about their customer service, but that is customer service that exceeded all of my expectations.

They even sent them UPS not USPS.

You need to compare USPS Priority mail to USP standard delivery. It will get there in 1/3 of the time for half the cost.

I've switched to USPS priority mail when I sell things on e-bay and have had some really good feedback. The only drawback is that you can't track it.

Not to be outdone... :lol:

I just emailed Magellan that I needed a battery cover for my GPS 315, because I had lost the other one.

Within 20 minutes, I had an email from them, saying they were going to ship one out today.

Sorry, had to throw in some Magellan pride! B)

Quite all right! I almost went with Magellan myself. The SD card option was very tempting, but I did not like the displays. It will be interesting to see what new models they come out with. I guess I should start saving now B) .

Well I hope I can brag Garmin up when I get my GPSr back. I sent it in for service on Monday. Here in Canada you have to send the unit to a third party supplier who says the turn around is 3-4 weeks. With my unit being a RINO120 the 3rd. party supplier tells me that they assess the unit but can not service the RINO, so after they get it the unit is forwarded to Garmin repaired and sent back to the 3rd party then to me. With the extra steps involved with the 3rd. party supplier I am looking at the end of April I guess.

Well I hope I can brag Garmin up when I get my GPSr back. I sent it in for service on Monday. Here in Canada you have to send the unit to a third party supplier who says the turn around is 3-4 weeks. With my unit being a RINO120 the 3rd. party supplier tells me that they assess the unit but can not service the RINO, so after they get it the unit is forwarded to Garmin repaired and sent back to the 3rd party then to me. With the extra steps involved with the 3rd. party supplier I am looking at the end of April I guess.

Thought GMRS/FRS wasn't allowed in Canada? Has this changed recently?

I just wanted to add my $0.02.

Garmin bent over backwards for me in getting my item shipped. I live in Canada, and didn't want to use the Canadian depot as I have experienced problems with them in the past. I got my Etrex Venture second hand, and had to get it repaired/replaced under warranty. They accomodated my request to have it shipped to them directly instead of the Canadian depot, and even gave me tips on having it sent across the border. In shipping it back they also paid for it to be shipped internationally which I had expected to pay for myself. Some of the best "they didn't need to" support I have ever encountered!

It will be interesting to see what new models they come out with. I guess I should start saving now

Yeah, I'm really curious about what they are going to come up with also. I hope it's everything that can be hoped for (within reason of course!). I hope it's something they, and us Magellan fans can be proud of!